Are you passionate about building the core technology powering Niantic’s Augmented Reality Real World Platform? Niantic’s AR Engineering team is seeking Software Engineers to build mobile, real-time, AR tech for iOS and/or Android. You will work on designing and building the Niantic’s Real World Platform client SDK. Your work will advance Niantic’s client platform to the next generation of AR and wearable devices. It will also enable game developers to create engaging AR apps for a user base in the billions.
- Design and implement cross-compiled Android/iOS native code in C++.
- Work on optimizing C++ code for low compute and low memory environments for production computer vision and AR algorithms.
- Work closely with computer vision engineers to bring AR features to production.
- Collaborate with other engineers, product managers, QA, and other departments to ensure code and technology meets internal standards.
- Perform load testing, participate in code reviews, write unit tests, and conduct troubleshooting to ensure uptime for live systems.
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, or a related technical field.
- Minimum of two years of work experience with native development in C++ on mobile, embedded or console devices.
- Experience optimizing C++ code for low compute and low memory environments.
- Experience working on API for game engines such as Unity3D or Unreal.
- Multi-Threaded concurrent development experience.
- Cross-platform development experience or mobile systems experience.
- You have experience with assembly-level compilation, particularly with ARM.
- You have experience building native plugins in Unity or other game engines.
- You have experience with ARKit / ARCore.
- You have familiarity with OpenCV or equivalents.
- You have understanding of 3D geometry and linear algebra.
- You have experience designing & building projects independently, especially AR/VR games.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, and record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO. Our third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, is currently in development.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg.