Live events are at the core of Niantic games and highlight our real-world social experience at its best. We are looking for a Network Operations Manager to oversee network planning and setup for live events around the world. The ideal candidate has a deep understanding of cellular networks and WiFi infrastructures and can work with major carriers to ensure ample connectivity for tens of thousands of concurrent players in any given space. Part business development, part engineering, and part event planning, this unique role requires someone with the technical aptitude to trail blaze in an emerging, exciting field, while also building strategic business relationships with key partners.
- Assess connectivity needs for major Niantic live event initiatives around the world and develop deployment plans for network infrastructure.
- Manage relationships with key cellular network partners globally to ensure sufficient support is provided at Niantic live events.
- Oversee on-site execution of network setup and monitor connectivity.
- Work with internal stakeholders to understand product roadmaps and anticipate technical needs at live events.
- Develop capacity plans with Product/Engineering teams and consult on game design plans for live events.
- Frequent travel.
- 6-8 years experience in cellular network design or deployment at scale.
- Needs to understand cellular and WiFi network capacity planning, as well as rudimentary skills in network design.
- Strong communication skills with an aptitude for relationship building.
- You are familiar with Pokémon GO and Ingress.
- You have knowledge of temporary infrastructure deployment and placement.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, and record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO. Our third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, is currently in development.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Tokyo, and Hamburg.