Niantic’s Communications team seeks a Manager to help conceive and implement Niantic’s internal and external communications.
The Niantic Communications team supports initiatives for our global audience of tens-of-millions of users, leveraging external media relations and internal communications that reflect the spirit of our company's mission.
- Guide and implement Niantic’s internal and external communications strategy.
- Proactively manage strategic media relationships to generate coverage of Niantic across a broad range of constituencies. Manage incoming and outgoing press activities and help direct the company’s response.
- Understand Niantic’s mission, goals, and strategic audiences. Create compelling channels, messaging and content to proactively convey the company’s mission with key stakeholders.
- “See around corners” to anticipate emerging issues and competitive threats. Create plans and responses to effectively address them.
- Leverage a senior network of connections – media, analysts, industry influencers, business leaders, among others – to facilitate opportunities for Niantic.
- Manage external strategic partners, including PR agencies, in order to leverage and maximize efforts across disciplines and regional target areas.
- Oversee planning, recommendations, and execution for internal communications plan.
- BA+ with a strong academic record.
- 5-7 years of experience working in an innovative communications environment, ideally a combination of PR agency and in-house experience.
- Background primarily with media relations, including experience with internal communications.
- Experience working with diverse, cross-functional teams.
- Combination of direct media-relations experience along with oversight of PR agencies.
- You have experience with gaming and/or AR technologies.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, and record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO. Our third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, is currently in development.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Tokyo, and Hamburg.