Niantic’s Engineering Team seeks a Unity Engineer to help build the next generation of games. Niantic Engineering leads the advancement of AR and other immersive technologies while creating engaging apps for a user base in the billions.
- Producing clean, concise, expressive, and well-managed code.
- Understanding and being able to troubleshoot, diagnose, and analyze complex systems.
- Utilizing leading-edge tools and systems.
- Being smart, dedicated, self-motivated, positive, friendly, and ready to learn and teach.
- Rapidly gathering, understanding, prototyping, and creating effective solutions for complex requirements.
- Working effectively and proactively in a team environment with tight deadlines and baffling challenges.
- Working with new and upcoming technologies in mobile, VR, AR, mixed-reality, and beyond.
- Fulfilling the needs of art and design teams to ensure their efficient progress.
- Adopting the latest trends and technologies in the field.
- You have 3+ years of experience working as a game engineer.
- You have been involved in several high-quality game experiences with at least one shipped title in a meaningful role.
- You are proficient in Unity, Visual Studio, and C#.
- You have experience in C++, Objective-C, and Java.
- You have experience in Windows and OSX.
- You have experience in iOS, Android, and PC.
- You have experience in Perforce, Jenkins, and JIRA.
- You have experience with render pipelines, shaders, compute, and other GPU technologies.
- You have knowledge of physics, determinism, 3d math, and linear algebra.
- You have experience in optimization, systems architecture, profiling, tooling, and reporting.
- You have experience in artificial intelligence, machine learning, procedural content, and emergent gameplay.
- You have experience in scripting languages, dynamic behavior, parsers, and compilers.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, and record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO. Our third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, is currently in development.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Tokyo, and Hamburg.