Niantic’s Engineering Team is seeking a new graduate to analyze and predict user behavior to not only create incredible gameplay experiences, but also to help promote Niantic’s mission of bringing gameplay into the real world. You will partner with our Product Engineering teams to develop machine learning systems to analyze and predict user behavior, detect fraud and cheating, understand key gameplay behaviors, and surface product features and recommendations. You ideally have experience in applied data science with a strong academic background in behavioral or predictive analytics and a penchant for deep learning models that deal with behavioral interpretation and response. Niantic Engineering leads the advancement of Augmented Reality (AR) and other immersive technologies while creating engaging apps for a user base in the billions.
- Leverage a dataset consisting of millions of user actions per day to create reliable algorithms that predict gameplay behavior.
- Design and evaluate novel approaches for handling high-volume real-time datasets.
- Run regular A/B tests and statistical analyses to draw conclusions on the impact of your models.
- Graduating in 2019 with a Master’s or PhD degree in computer science, applied mathematics, or statistics with experience in behavioral analytics and machine learning techniques.
- Previous internship experience in software development.
- You have experience analyzing and creating empirically verifiable models based on real-world data, using multiple approaches.
- You have experience with a large scale or distributed programming framework (Dataflow, Spark or Hadoop) and with ML frameworks such as sklearn, TensorFlow/Caffe/PyTorch, H2O.
- You have publications in a top-tier conference such as NIPS, ICLR, ICML,ECML, AAAI, AISTATS, SIGKDD, SIGMOD.
- You have data modeling experience on anti-fraud, social engineering projects or predictive analytics.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, and record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO. Our third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, is currently in development.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Tokyo, and Hamburg.