Niantic’s Product Team seeks a Game Systems Designer with technical and teamwork skills to organize, implement, and update game systems and content in Unity for a fantastic new free-to-play mobile strategy game. Niantic Product works with some of the world's most advanced AR technologies to design visually innovative, bleeding-edge mobile experiences for tens of millions of users worldwide, encouraging discovery, exercise, and meaningful social experiences.
- Coordinate with the design team, product managers, and engineers to implement game features and content.
- Build and edit data models, behavior trees, state machines, and game scripts.
- Create, review, and revise game design documents.
- Communicate game system concepts, implementation processes, risks, and interactions.
- Identify opportunities for, and ideate on, new game systems, content, and feature improvements.
- Assist with the development of tools and processes to facilitate rapid iteration and deployment of game data updates.
- Test and tune game play balance throughout the product life-cycle.
- Benchmark and analyze performance and strategies of competitive games.
- You have 3+ years of experience designing digital games and 1+ years of experience optimizing live games.
- You have proficiency in Unity game development.
- You have expertise in spreadsheets and in manipulating, summarizing, and analyzing large data sets.
- You have experience with game balance and pacing in a free-to-play economic model.
- You have passion for video games, and is an avid gamer with a solid understanding of mobile games.
- You have shipped a high-performing digital free-to-play game.
- You have experience with business intelligence and A/B testing.
- You have experience with other game engines and tools, such as Unreal.
- You have programming or scripting experience (Python, Lua, C#, or others).
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, and record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO. Our third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, is currently in development.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Tokyo, and Hamburg.