Are you ready to help drive a product that brings positive impact to the world through the power of mobile and location technologies? We’re looking for a Product Manager to work on special projects and serve as “chief of staff” on our product team, where you will help the VP of Product in defining strategies, establishing processes, crafting communications, and managing multiple core projects. In these, you will work alongside product managers and cross-functional stakeholders throughout the company, and get a broad view of Niantic’s business and products. This is also a great role for someone looking to transition from business, strategy or project management background into product management, especially in emerging technologies.
- Evaluate various new business and product opportunities and establish product strategy.
- Identify strategic product opportunities and recommend solutions to executive teams.
- Research and define product strategies, and work with executive teams to carry out the initial phase of product definition.
- Craft communications for internal and external audiences.
- Define project plans, establish milestones, and manage the development and implementation against goals.
- Communicate product status, key issues and launch plans to key constituents across the organization including engineering, sales, marketing, technical, and service support teams.
- Drive product and business strategies for the Niantic platform for developers to easily design and scale incredible real world experiences using Niantic’s technology stack.
- Work as a horizontal leader of cross-functional expert teams; drive collaboration between the Engineering, Design, Finance, Marketing, Operations and Business Development teams to provide unified product experience across all touchpoints and drive product-related initiatives.
- Lead or support a variety of ad-hoc strategic initiatives.
- MBA or top tier management consulting experience is preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related is a plus.
- Proven quantitative, data-driven problem-solving skills and ability to break down large problems into smaller solvable chunks.
- Passion in entrepreneurial management in emerging technology especially in AR, mobile games, location-related technologies, matched with drive to roll up sleeves and tackle difficult problems.
- Familiarity with managing complex projects with many stakeholders, including executives.
- Experience in evaluating strategic business opportunities.
- Experience in working with consumer technology products, developer APIs, distributed systems, big data and/or machine learning work.
- Comfortable using data management tools to explore data when necessary.
- Willingness to travel.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, and record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO. Our third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, is currently in development.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Tokyo, and Hamburg.