Live events are at the core of Niantic games and highlight our real-world social experience at its best. Niantic is looking for an Event Coordinator to assist in conceptualizing, planning and executing events of both small and large scale within the marketing department. This role would support Niantic’s live events initiatives and community efforts across multiple Niantic products.
- Plan, prepare and execute Niantic marketing events in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa, focusing on Ingress.
- Manage event logistics, including finding and managing event agency partners, negotiating contracts, and coordinating vendors like photographers, videographers and special guests, along with budgeting, international shipping, accounting, asset approvals and working closely with the EMEA community manager.
- Create and track against detailed workback schedules, ensuring key milestones are met on time and deadlines are not missed.
- Assist in maintaining marketing communications around various event initiatives across owned channels.
- Collaborate with cross-regional teams in the US and APAC to drive alignment on exciting event concepts that will make a lasting positive impact on fans in attendance.
- 2-3 years of experience putting on consumer-facing live events (preferably in the tech or gaming space).
- Exceptional verbal and written communication in English and German.
- Bachelor’s degree in Event Management, Marketing, or related field.
- Strong, detail-oriented organizational skills.
- Passion for building communities and connecting people in meaningful ways.
- Willingness to travel and work on weekends as needed.
- You have familiarity with Niantic’s products and games (such as Ingress and Pokémon GO).
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic’s mission is to use emerging technology to create experiences in the real world. We build products that inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and face-to-face social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. We build games that get people outside and exploring. We enable our players to have fun while visiting new places, learning about the world around them, and meeting new friends.
We launched Ingress, an immersive real-world mobile game played by millions of people in over 200 countries and territories, and downloaded over 20 million times. We also develop Pokémon GO, which has broken world records and been downloaded over 750 million times in its first year. We announced Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, our latest much-anticipated AR game.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who love what we do! We have offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Tokyo, and Hamburg.