Niantic Player Support provides global customer support and leverages tools to ensure a high-quality gameplay experience for tens of millions of users. As a part of the Player Support team, you will collaborate with individuals across different functions and within various geographies to provide excellent operational support for Niantic’s location based gaming products.
- Perform key tasks including but not limited to workflow and process development, issue (bug) tracking and prioritization, creating documentation, writing user-facing content, product support, and data analysis.
- Work with Product, Engineering, Design, and other departments to ensure successful launch of support offerings for new product features. This may include crafting help center articles and other user-facing content, evaluating product designs for support implications, and developing proposals on how to address customers’ support requests.
- Serve as a subject-matter expert on our games.
- Constantly look for solutions to problems and evaluate ways to more efficiently and effectively manage the global support processes.
- Represent the voice of the user in meetings with stakeholders of varying levels and job functions.
- BA/BS degree.
- 3+ years of experience in streamlining and scaling customer support and operations.
- Outstanding problem solver, with strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Ability to effectively manage complex projects and communicate cross-functionally and across geographies with all levels.
- Exceptional verbal and written English communication skills.
- Team player and self-starter with a positive, interpersonal attitude, and an ability to effectively operate with high energy and flexibility in a fast paced, constantly evolving team environment.
- Passion for Niantic’s mission and products.
Some characteristics we’d like to see in an applicant:
- You are able to work through complex and ambiguous details and translate them into executable action items. You can read an engineering spec for a new feature and understand where users might need support.
- You don’t need to know how to write code but you can communicate effortlessly with engineers and technical folks. For example, you understand the concept of client-server architecture... or you can get the gist of it from reading an Wikipedia article on the topic.
- You care deeply about user experience design and reducing pain points and user confusion. When you use a product, you often cannot help but think about how to improve it.
- You are not afraid to speak up and take on new and challenging projects.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2010, we became an independent company in 2014 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, and record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO. Our third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, is currently in development.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
We’re a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Tokyo, and Hamburg.