We are seeking an energetic, motivated, and driven Tax Senior Manager to join our Tax team in San Francisco. This position will report to the Director of Tax and will be responsible for supporting Niantic’s global tax operations, including global tax provision, forecasting, planning, compliance, reporting and other special projects. Due to the fast-paced and high growth nature of the Company, the candidate must be self-driven, detail oriented, have strong organization and communication skills, and a willingness to roll up their sleeves when needed.
- Team with external advisors and auditors on the preparation and review/audit of quarterly and annual income tax provision and related financial statement disclosures in accordance with US GAAP. Ensure accurate and timely reporting, including effective tax rate, intercompany/transfer pricing entries, uncertain tax positions, and footnote disclosures.
- Drive compliance with SOX 404 controls in the income tax cycle to ensure accurate GAAP reporting and satisfy audit requirements.
- Lead and review, with external advisors, all federal, foreign, and state income tax returns, including managing audits and inquiries by tax authorities.
- Develop plans to operationalize/streamline the income tax provision and compliance process.
- Research, analyze, evaluate and implement tax planning strategies, including documenting tax technical and accounting treatment.
- Lead due diligence and integration for potential future mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, including teaming cross functionally across Niantic to achieve companywide goals.
- Lead other tax projects as needed, including global R&D credit studies, global transfer pricing documentation and other tax planning initiatives.
- Drive continuous improvement to the processes within the tax department.
- Develop, mentor, and lead other team members and build collaborative relationships across the organization.
- 8+ years of related tax experience in public accounting and/or a multinational company.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- CPA license and Big 4 accounting experience preferred.
- Ability to self-direct.
- Strong qualitative and quantitative analytical skills.
- Detailed knowledge of income tax provision and accounting requirements under US GAAP (ASC 740 and related guidance).
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, including the ability to work with large sets of data.
- Detail oriented with excellent analytic and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Proactive and resourceful team player with positive attitude and energy.
- You have experience with NetSuite.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2010, we became an independent company in 2014 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, and record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO. Our third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, is currently in development.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
We’re a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Tokyo, and Hamburg.