Niantic’s Finance team seeks a Payroll Manager to be responsible for the administration of all aspects of Niantic’s global payroll operations, including but not limited to, accurate and timely processing and recording of regular and ad-hoc payrolls, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, maintaining payroll records and management of our 3rd-party payroll vendors. Our Finance team ensures that the company succeeds in a competitive global market by working cross-functionally to keep the business running smoothly.
Our ideal candidate has demonstrated the ability to collaborate with all levels of the organization to develop, implement and maintain best-in-class payroll systems and processes at a rapidly-scaling, global company.
- Co-own the selection and implementation of an HCM solution with our HR team.
- Ensure that employees are paid timely and accurately.
- Ensure processes are in place to facilitate timely and accurate updates to payroll records.
- Record payroll activity to the general ledger and conduct reconciliation of payroll accounts to support the month-end close.
- Ensure payroll tax and other related liabilities are remitted on time.
- Ensure all required filings are made on time.
- Prepare monthly analysis of payroll trends to support management reporting.
- Recommend and implement best practices to improvement the efficiency and effectiveness of the department.
- Respond to payroll inquiries from employees.
- Prepare workpapers in support of regular external audits.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest relevant laws and regulations.
- Complete various reporting, month-end close and special projects as necessary.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (relevant certifications may count towards this requirement).
- You have a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience overseeing payroll operations.
- You have prior HCM system experience.
- You have been a significant contributor in successful systems and process implementations and process improvement projects.
- You have strong analytical skills, accuracy and attention to detail.
- You have intermediate to strong Excel skills (pivot tables, vlookup, etc.).
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- You have a natural tendency for being a self-starter and team player, with experience working in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
- You have the ability to multi-task and work independently.
- You have experience overseeing international payroll operations.
- You have experience with SOX control documentation and execution.
- You are well versed in the processing income derived from equity instruments (ISO, NQO, RSU, etc.).
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2010, we became an independent company in 2014 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, and record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO. Our third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, is currently in development.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
We’re a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Tokyo, and Hamburg.