As Senior Manager of Technical Accounting, you will be responsible for a diverse workload as Niantic continues to scale. You will be required to establish credibility internally as a trusted resource, offering guidance in complex transactions. You will implement cross functional procedures and build infrastructure allowing for timely analysis and reporting of technical accounting matters. The ideal candidate will be a clear communicator with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to move several initiatives forward in parallel.
Niantic's Finance team ensures that the company succeeds in a competitive global market by working cross-functionally to keep the business running smoothly.
- Collaborate cross functionally to evaluate and document complex accounting issues.
- Drive purchase price accounting, valuation, and integration for M&A transactions.
- Advise and document the Company’s position on other technical areas such as share-based compensation, joint ventures, leases, etc.
- Evaluate and help operationalize new accounting standards.
- Manage audit relationship and results, including drafting financial statements.
- Collaborate with specialists on complex accounting matters and transactions as necessary.
- Drive reporting cadence and public company discipline.
- Responsible for documenting and maintaining the Company’s global accounting policies.
- CPA with 8+ years of accounting experience, including 5+ years in Big 4.
- Experience with a diverse set of technical accounting challenges.
- Strong communication and project management skills.
- Public company experience preferred--technology sector experience is a plus.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2010, we became an independent company in 2014 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, and record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO. Our third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, is currently in development.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
We’re a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Tokyo, and Hamburg.