At Niantic, we’re passionate about real world, social, mobile games that encourage players to go on adventures on foot with others. The ideal candidate will work closely and collaboratively with Niantic’s Business Development and Global Marketing team. The ideal candidate should also possess entrepreneurial, strategic thinking and management influence skills. You should also have the capability to develop strong relationships and to develop potential partnerships.
- Business Development - Identification of potential partners (i.e.: mobile service providers, retailers, convenience stores, city governments, etc.) to jointly create synergistic events.
- POI database identification - Ability to secure POI databases that enable more stops/gyms/outposts in Niantic games.
- Event generation origination and planning – generating momentum / attending industry events in the largest cities in the country and planning meetups for your community (i.e.: Community Days, Dia De Los Muertos, Carnival, Etc.).
- Local Content Creation - writing blog posts, articles, newsletters, communications materials, and material for social media channels.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Business level communication in Spanish and English.
- 6+ years of experience in the mobile industry across mobile devices, mobile operators, and/or related start-ups.
- Experience with partner development and management.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in community relationship building, partnerships/collaborations, and talent management.
- Strategic thinker with strong leadership, management, and communication skills.
- Experience with ongoing partner relationship management; ability to serve as an advocate for your accounts internally and work collaboratively to identify opportunities or resolve issues.
- Strong written communications and editorial skills.
- Able to make critical decisions under time constraints and a full workload.
- Able to work long hours and weekends when needed.
- Able to travel, including domestically and international.
- Strong familiarity and knowledge of Pokémon GO, it’s community, and gaming communities.
- Avid Pokémon player and fan, with knowledgeable and deep expertise in the franchise is a plus.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2010, we became an independent company in 2014 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, and record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO. Our third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, is currently in development.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
We’re a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Tokyo, and Hamburg.