Direct and execute Niantic’s product marketing strategies and campaigns for its mobile gaming apps in the APAC (Asia Pacific) region, with focus on key markets like Japan, South Korea and Taiwan.
- Work with the Product Management team and the Global Product Marketing lead to conduct research that offers insights into the attributes and needs of both existing and potential users. Help identify product gaps where Niantic could better satisfy end users and partners.
- Create and evolve product positioning and key messaging for use in external communications in the APAC region.
- Define and execute new product launch and/or marketing campaigns in close coordination with internal cross-functional partners including Product Management, Global Product Marketing, Engineering, Sales, Business Development/Partnerships, Operations/Customer Support, Marketing Communication and Community Management teams.
- Track and interpret product and marketing analytics; suggest improvements or revised marketing strategies, where relevant.
- Build, guide and track the APAC regional marketing budget. Conduct ROI analyses on all marketing campaigns and apply learnings to future programs.
- Assist business development teams in creative pitches to partners; conceptualize and execute on partner marketing programs.
- Communicate with important partners in Japan and Asia Pacific.
- Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration (Master’s preferred), or a related field.
- 3-5 years of relevant marketing experience in areas including:
- Product positioning strategies that factor in market and competitive dynamics.
- Direct marketing, marketing program management, or marketing consulting.
- Paid media campaign strategy and management including creative development, agency selection, media buying, campaign tracking and optimization.
- Online data measurement and analysis of products, customers, and market dynamics.
- Social media marketing; familiarity with Community management & engagement strategies a plus.
- Demonstrated capacity for developing and understanding strategy.
- Experience working on a highly cross-functional team with ability to manage complex projects with multiple stakeholders and multiple priorities.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with experience in developing and delivering executive presentations.
- Passion for analyzing products, customers and market dynamics.
- Knowledge and understanding of Niantic’s mission and strategic and competitive position in the market.
- Native level Japanese.
- Business level Traditional Chinese or Korean a plus.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, and record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO. Our third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, is currently in development.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We’re a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Tokyo, and Hamburg.