About ngrok Inc.
ngrok is simplified, API-first ingress-as-a-service trusted by over 5M developers to get their apps online faster and keep security happy. With one line of code, developers get instant ingress to services with authentication, observability, and other critical controls. All without provisioning legacy proxies, load balancers or VPNs. ngrok’s simplicity has made it a de-facto standard tool among developers, and the world’s top brands — including GitHub, Okta, Shopify, and Twilio — recommend it throughout their documentation.
Our employees are low-ego, curious learners with a passion for developer-first tooling. We use our engineering values steward, replenish, engineer, and be there to guide our work. As a company, we set aside an hour each fortnight for shared introspection about anxieties and excitement, both personal and professional. We’re building an inclusive, remote-first organization that sets each individual up to be their best self.
We believe the total addressable market for ngrok is in excess of $73 billion and are increasing our growth to capture that.
You will design, build, and implement core software systems that leverage and improve the ngrok platform. The architecture already in place serves millions of customers worldwide. They’re eagerly awaiting your work! Successful candidates are curious learners: you will eagerly pick up new technologies and be excited by problems without correct answers.
What you'll accomplish
- Help us build and execute our roadmap for improving Cloud Edge functionality and the platform supporting it
- Utilize data to ensure decisions will increase customer satisfaction
- Lead technical decisions, building buy-in with the org
- Write scalable software for large user bases and high throughput
- Mentor other engineers in the org
- At least five years professional experience writing quality, production software
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills
- Expertise in strongly typed, compiled languages (ngrok is mostly Go, with some Rust and Typescript sprinkled in)
- Experience mentoring other engineers and leading large technical projects
- Proven record of deploying high value software for large distributed systems
- Prior experience in startups
- Depth in computer networking
All candidates must be US-based, and legally authorized to work in the United States.
Compensation for this role depends on level, but we provide a competitive mix of salary and equity.
We provide a 401(k) with a 100% match up to 3% of your salary and a 50% match up to another 2%.
We provide healthcare, dental, and vision with premiums fully covered on the base plan for employees. Half of premiums are covered for dependents. We also include long term disability, short term disability, and a term life policy at no cost to employees.
We offer unlimited PTO and a culture in which the overwhelming majority of employees take more than four weeks. Your manager will ensure you do the same.