NGINX empowers creators of the new digital world.
NGINX, Inc. is the company behind NGINX, the popular open source project trusted by more than 450 million sites. We offer a suite of technologies for developing and delivering modern applications. The NGINX Application Platform enables enterprises undergoing digital transformation to modernize legacy, monolithic applications as well as deliver new, microservices‑based applications.
Companies like Netflix, Starbucks, and McDonalds rely on NGINX to reduce costs, improve resiliency, and speed innovation. NGINX investors include Goldman Sachs, NEA (New Enterprise Associates, one of the largest equity venture capital funds in California), Blue Cloud Ventures, e.ventures, Index Ventures, MSD Capital (Michael Dell’s Private Investment Company), Runa Capital, and Telstra Ventures.
NGINX started as and will always be an open source driven company, and as a result, our culture shares many characteristics with the open source community itself. This culture is built upon our core values: progress, excellence, openness, and curiosity. We’re a growing company with a startup feel and products that are chosen for high performance and efficiency by innovators around the world. If our team has one thing in common, it’s our passion for NGINX and dedication to a global product that’s beloved by hundreds of millions of people.
We are currently searching for a Senior Backend Engineer to join our EMEA headquarters in Cork, Ireland. You will have a major hand in the design and implementation of NGINX’s new control plane applications. Our control plane products make it easy for customers to improve the performance, reliability, and security of their applications. You will apply your talent, knowledge, skills, and experience to develop innovative enterprise management features that match the cutting-edge, high-quality technology and products NGINX is known for worldwide.
Our culture is built upon our core values: progress, excellence, openness, and curiosity. We’re a small, growing company with a startup culture and products that are chosen for high performance and efficiency by innovators around the world. If you want to make a difference, work for an open source company, take your career to the next level, and work in a highly energetic environment, please send us your CV – we’d love to talk.
- Develop enterprise management platform backends for a suite of applications spanning single-tenant, on-prem installations through our multi-tenant SaaS cloud services
- Collaborate with fellow engineers, engineering, and product management to implement management features using an iterative approach
- Provide expertise in developing elegant, scalable, efficient, application logic, and data manipulation
- Participate in the development planning process, providing feedback on requirements, solution design, dependencies, and level of effort
- Work in a test-driven environment, verifying the functionality of code and components through implementation of unit and integration tests
- Prioritise time and needs to meet goals, roadmap commitments, and production deadlines
- Demonstrate, promote, and evolve established development guidelines, best practices, testing, and coding standards
- Continuously deliver releases using a lean, agile process
- 7-plus years of experience as a backend engineer
- 3-plus years of experience developing with Python or a compatible language
- Advanced experience using Flask, Postgres/Mysql, and RabbitMQ in production
- Experience with C, Go programming languages a significant plus
- Advanced experience with Linux and Unix-like systems architectures
- Experience working with microservices, cloud services and/or cloud infrastructure
- Mastery of your preferred development editor and Git in a CI/CD environment
- Ability and desire to continuously learn, visible passion about technology, creating elegant solutions, the software development process, and quality
- Demonstrable track record of delivering releases with good velocity
- BS degree in CS, CE, EE, a related discipline, or equivalent experience
NGINX Software, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Our culture is built on values of progress, excellence, openness, and curiosity. These values are very important to our company and its continued success. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law. By fostering a diverse business environment, we welcome the opportunity to grow and learn from each other, our customers, investors, suppliers, and business partners.
NGINX is not open to third-party solicitation or resumes for our posted positions. Any resume submitted to an NGINX employee by a recruiting firm that does not have a valid, written search agreement with us will be considered a referral, regardless of whether it is submitted for a posted position or for general consideration, and no matter how it is submitted (via email, the Internet, or other means). No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by NGINX as a result of the referral or through other means.