NGINX helps the world’s most innovative companies deliver their sites and applications with performance, reliability, security, and scale. More than 300 million sites — including half of the Internet’s busiest websites — rely on NGINX. Companies like Airbnb, Box, Instagram, Netflix, Pinterest, SoundCloud, and Zappos use NGINX for advanced load balancing, web and mobile acceleration, security controls, application monitoring, and management.
NGINX Software, Inc. is building applications to help millions of our loyal users do more with their NGINX servers, and we are currently searching for a UX Design Lead who will take the bigger picture from a user experience, technology, and business standpoint, and deliver compelling experiences for our customers. The perfect candidate will have cross-disciplinary UX skills and will be able to take high-level requirements and turn them into designs that result in an interface with aesthetic, intuitive, and functional appeal. This position is located in our global headquarters in San Francisco.
Our culture is built upon our core values: progress, excellence, openness, and curiosity. We’re a small, growing company with a startup culture and products that are chosen for high performance and efficiency by innovators around the world. If you want to make a difference, work for an open source company, take your career to the next level, and work in a highly energetic environment, please send us your resume – we’d love to talk.
- Perform domain analysis and user research to design intuitive, efficient, and aesthetically pleasing user interfaces
- Collaborate with Product Management, Engineering, and subject matter experts to synthesize requirements and align expectations
- Drive individual UX phases: user research, information architecture, interaction and visual design
- Rationalize near-term deliverables against long-term design goals
- Deliver UI design artifacts iteratively to support a lean, agile development process
- Guide UI developers on the implementation of designs and provide review feedback on UI feature deliverables
- Establish and promote design and UX guidelines, best practices, and standards
- Prioritize time and needs to meet goals, roadmap commitments, and production deadlines
- Foster an environment of excellence through experimentation and continual improvement by supporting NGINX’s core values
- 7-plus years of experience in a software development setting
- 5-plus years of experience in UX design for real-world SaaS or enterprise products
- Experience designing across UX branches including user research, information architecture, interaction design, and visual design
- Solid experience in creating UI design artifacts for UI developers
- Passion and excitement for building high-value user experiences that delight customers
- A verifiable track record of building strong cross-functional collaborative relationships
NGINX Software, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Our culture is built on values of progress, excellence, openness, and curiosity. These values are very important to our company and its continued success. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law. By fostering a diverse business environment, we welcome the opportunity to grow and learn from each other, our customers, investors, suppliers, and business partners.
NGINX is not open to third-party solicitation or resumes for our posted positions. Any resume submitted to an NGINX employee by a recruiting firm that does not have a valid, written search agreement with us will be considered a referral, regardless of whether it is submitted for a posted position or for general consideration, and no matter how it is submitted (via email, the Internet, or other means). No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by NGINX as a result of the referral or through other means.