VR Broadcast Editor
NextVR is looking for a VR Broadcast Editor to create immersive experiences to support our growing slate of live VR broadcasts. The VR Broadcast Editor will cut a wide variety of stereoscopic VR experiences, from sports highlights to musical artist profiles to feature experiences. This position will be travel-heavy, often editing on location in our VR broadcast truck or alongside VOD productions. Experience in editorial supporting live broadcast is mandatory. Given that the medium of live-action VR is rapidly developing, we need someone that is excited about reevaluating the conventions of storytelling, loves experimenting and working at a fast pace, and isn’t intimidated by a technical and often-changing workflow. We’re a nimble team that does a lot of our own assistant work, so we need someone experienced in all levels of the editing process.
- Work with producers and creative team both on location and in office to edit VR experiences of with sports, music and entertainment.
- Ensure that audio, color, and 3D all work together to best convey an immersive experience.
- Organize editorial projects and create templates for efficient work.
- Export, test and post VR experiences on NextVR platform.
- Backup and organize projects for onsite editorial.
- Reports to the VP Creative.
- 4+ years as an editor with some sports experience and some broadcast experience.
- Assistant editing experience is a plus.
- 3D or VR experience is a plus.
- Experience working to tight deadlines must be second nature.
- Extensive knowledge of Adobe Premiere workflows.
- Familiarity with graphics integration into editorial.
- Proven experience delivering content to digital specifications, handling QC, exports and compression.
- Must be comfortable handling multiple projects and working in a fast paced, experimental environment.