Are you interested in joining a leader in Virtual Reality? NextVR delivers live events in virtual reality for devices like Oculus, Google Daydream, PSVR etc. We are seeking a Senior Software Program Manager to join the NextVR R&D Engineering Team. We are looking for someone who innovates and loves solving hard problems. This person will be responsible for managing the planning, development, feature architecture and definition work on new projects.
You’ll be managing software development programs across platforms and devices. The ideal candidate is a highly organized individual with superior knowledge of software project management processes, has excellent communication skills, and is able to adapt to shifting priorities.
- Drive the successful execution of all projects across the R&D Engineering Team
- Lead the team through executing on all phases of the software development lifecycle, planning requirements, managing schedules, identifying and tracking risks, and clearly communicating them to project stakeholders.
- Work with teams to set milestones, communicate project statuses, and identify/address potential setbacks
- Work cross-functionally to develop best practices and product development processes in a quickly-changing and dynamic environment
- Manage development timelines and tasks
- Plan project milestones / tasks, schedules and resources
- Communicate schedules, updates, status, major decisions, risks, and road blocks
- Create crisp release documentation for internal consumption
- 6+ years of Technical Program Management and/or Software Engineering experience
- Must have experience managing a Research Team
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience with managing large cross-functional projects
- Significant technical depth and feel-right-at-home using the resources as a developer or systems engineer
- Thorough understanding of software development lifecycle from conception to delivery
- Able to identify order of importance and urgency among individual projects, portfolios and other tasks
- Expert knowledge of project management methodologies, Agile and Scrum preferred.
- Expert knowledge and practical application of program and project management practices, tools, and processes as they apply to product development.
- Experience with Augmented Reality is a plus
- Experience with VR or 360 video project
- Understanding of animation, graphics, ect
- Strong understanding of hardware and software
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, and comfortable presenting in large groups and handling high-pressure communication with senior management
- Ability to manage in an iterative, fast paced development environment
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate critical deliverables across software disciplines to intersect with hardware prototyping efforts
- Able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Very strong in organizing information and developing communications for technical and non-technical audiences
- Detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
Direct Candidates ONLY! Please no agency or external recruiters!
Candidates must be US Authorized