NextVR is the leader in live virtual reality broadcasting, with many active projects featuring multiple high-profile partners, including the NBA & Live Nation.
NextVR is looking for a creative that specializes in Motion Design, with an emphasis in 3D/CG Motion Graphics, to join our production team in Newport Beach, CA. An understanding of Virtual Reality is a plus, but depending on portfolio review professional experience in VR is not an absolute necessity.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Create stunning mograph animations in stereoscopic 3D/VR space
- Take responsibility for establishing the lighting & "look" of the animations
- Continually push the boundaries of what an animation of a mograph package looks like in Virtual Reality
- Assist with the creation of "still" VR pieces, tending to the layout, lighting, and overall look of a piece
- Communicate clearly with the creative team & producers to meet strict deadlines, often in a very fast-paced production environment
- Reports to the VFX Supervisor
- 3+ years experience in Feature Film, Commercial, or other studio production environments
- A strong understanding of 3D computer graphics, including lighting & shading (understanding of raytrace renderers)...This is NOT an "After Effects," 2D position, you must be a strong CG artist & have a demo reel of work to convey this. There are no exceptions.
- A strong understanding of motion and still design, typography, mograph trends, and 3D animation
- Must be willing to be flexible regarding the package in which work will be executed (it might not be C4D)
- Understanding of Maya & Nuke is a plus
- Can operate independently, as a self-starter, while also working within a larger team that is big on collaboration.
- Must have a passion, or developing passion, for Virtual Reality, as well as an ample creative drive that produces unique & original ideas.
Direct Candidates Only! NO AGENCIES. NO EXTERNAL RECRUITERS PLEASE!
Candidates must be US Authorized, we are unable to provide any type of work authorization for this role
Candidate must be local to Southern California.