NextVR is looking for a Lead VR Editor to bolster our quickly expanding creative team. The VR Editor will cut a wide variety of stereoscopic VR experiences, from sports highlights to artist profiles to feature experiences. Given that the medium of live-action VR is rapidly developing, we need someone that is excited about questioning the conventions of storytelling, loves experimenting and working at a fast pace, and isn’t intimidated by a technical and often-changing workflow. We’re a nimble team that does a lot of our own assistant work, so we need someone experienced in all levels of the editing process. Some travel is likely in the cards, as we often edit experiences onsite at our live broadcasts.
- Work with producers and creative team to edit VR experiences dealing with sports, music and entertainment.
- Ensure that audio, color, and 3D all work together to best convey an immersive experience.
- Organize editorial projects and create templates for efficient work.
- Export, test and post VR experiences on NextVR platform.
- Backup and organize projects for onsite editorial.
- Reports to the VP Creative.
- 7+ years as an editor with some sports experience.
- Extensive knowledge of Adobe Premiere workflows.
- Familiarity with graphics integration into editorial.
- Proven experience delivering content to digital specifications, handling QC, exports and compression.
- Must be comfortable handling multiple projects and working in a fast paced, experimental environment.
- Assistant editing experience is a plus.
- 3D or VR experience is a plus.
Direct Candidates Only! NO AGENCIES. NO EXTERNAL RECRUITERS PLEASE!
Candidates must be US Authorized, we are unable to provide any type of work authorization for this role
Candidate must be local to Southern California.