User Experience/User Interaction Designer
NextVR's mission is to bring VR audiences unmatched live experiences and we need you to be a part of the magic by helping us design and build our user interface in this new environment. The way a user experiences virtual reality is critical to the growth of this new medium. Designing how user interaction works across all of the major VR platforms is a monumental challenge that needs to be finessed by a talented UX designer with experience in VR applications. At our fast-growing company, we need people that are looking to innovate in their individual areas of expertise, rather than just doing what's been done before. This role is responsible for a combination of predetermined tasks and the freedom to design and create projects that you think would benefit the product and the company. Our dynamic team is driving the future of live VR sports, music, events and experiences and as we continue to build our talented team, we plan to push the audience's immersion to new heights.
- Identify and design user interfaces with our application across all major VR platforms including: GearVR, Oculus GO, PSVR, HTCVive, Windows Mixed Reality, Google Daydream.
- Work closely with our development team to rapidly prototype user interfaces and interactions.
- Create wireframes, mock-ups and related documents to illustrate user interfaces/flows.
- Develop specification documents for the team.
- Manage brand guidelines across all products.
- Collaborate closely with key stakeholders across the organization including: engineering, marketing and creative teams.
- Champion your ideas and accept criticism and input from the team and external testers.
- 5+ years of experience as a UX designer.
- Must have experience with Virtual Reality applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in human-computer interaction (HCI), interaction design, or equivalent professional experience.
- Experience working with 3D graphics, mobile and web apps.
- Experience developing UX solutions with agile methodology.
- Experience in Gaming/Game Development is a strong plus.
- Ability to produce high-res visualizations, motion studies and prototypes.
- An excellent portfolio of professional UX design work.
- Understanding and awareness of various VR platforms.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent visual skills and sensibility for form and composition.
- Solid knowledge of UI and UX practices and current competitive trends in UI design.
- Demonstrable experience creating and shipping productized UI designs.
- Passionate about VR, new technology and challenges.
- Extreme attention to detail.