You will take primary responsibility for the care and feeding of the technology powering a small but high-performing VR post-production/creative team. We work on a mixture of Mac and Windows desktops plus a small linux render farm. You'll be backed up by an experienced team of systems, network, and broadcast engineers who manage the infrastructure for our VR app development, production technology R&D, and video streaming operations.
We're working at the cutting edge of VR production. Every day brings new challenges and opportunities to make things better. You're the kind of person who can identify those areas for improvement and optimization and take the initiative to get it done. You'll be a key part of this tight-knit team, making it possible for them to work quickly and efficiently and continuously improving NextVR’s ability to deliver first class VR experiences.
Day to day responsibilities include
- Troubleshoot application and OS issues, networking problems, and systems issues.
- Set up and put new workstations and render machines into operation.
- Set up and maintain Windows deployment and automation tools.
- Perform software installs and manage software licenses.
- Maintenance and monitoring of a Quantum Stornext SAN.
- Manage Deadline render farm configuration and help artists troubleshoot failed jobs.
- Bash/DOS/python scripting to automate processes and improve efficiency.
- Liaise with vendors for technical support when required.
Knowledge, skills, and experience desired
- Professional experience in a systems/IT support position, ideally in a visual effects / editing / VR studio environment.
- Familiarity with VR equipment setup and troubleshooting (Rift, Vive, PSVR, WMR).
- Knowledge of Windows 10, Linux, and macOS installation and configuration.
- Comfortable in both Bash and DOS shell, Python a plus.
- Familiar with installation and management of license servers like RLM and FLEXlm.
- Experience troubleshooting creative tools such as Maya, Nuke, and Adobe Premiere.
- Experience deploying and managing render queue systems, ideally Thinkbox Deadline.
- Experience with Quantum Stornext SAN.
- Experience with tools used in systems monitoring, like Grafana and Telegraf.
- Broadcast video experience: using equipment like AJA/Blackmagic cards, SDI cabling, monitor calibration.
DIRECT CANDIDATES ONLY!
PLEASE NO AGENCIES! NO EXTERNAL RECRUITERS!