Location: New York or Chicago
Note: Applications will not be considered without a thoughtful and relevant cover letter.
Why Next Street?
Next Street’s mission is to help every small business realize their potential. We do that by designing and developing solutions to connect entrepreneurs and small business owners with the right resources at the right time.
We are focused on businesses facing disproportionate barriers. We are committed to becoming an anti- racist organization, have a nearly 20 year track record, and an extensive network of small business advocates, operators, and investors. We accelerate the impact of institutions and advisors on small businesses and provide millions of business owners with the experts, tools, and capital they need to thrive. We know when small businesses thrive, their neighborhoods, cities and our economy do, too.
Additionally, inclusivity is part of our DNA. We are happy to celebrate that with 80% of our team identifying as women and/or people of color, we’re well on our way. Learn more here: https://nextstreet.com/racial-equity/.
Next Street is a special place to work and our values are infused into every aspect of our work:
- We work to challenge systems of injustice through our anti-racist ways of working
- We bring our whole selves to work and strive to create authentic joy everyday
- We utilize creativity and curiosity to put bias towards action in our work
- We are interwoven and empower each other through collaboration and established trust
- We encourage entrepreneurship and always put small business first, both internally and externally
- We grow sustainably and encourage learning through career and professional development
Join us and live out our values every day, while leveling-up your career and helping us to have a transformative impact on the society in which we live.
Why this Role?
Next Street is looking for a Manager, Program Management Office (PMO). You will have expertise in program management and should be passionate about project management, relationship management, client services and team management. You should also be excited to manage current and future client workstreams, while having opportunities to flex into additional client work.
This role will be a member of the firm’s Advisory team and will partner with our Programs team to provide seamless execution for multi-year engagements with high-profile clients. You will also have the opportunity to partner with internal and external stakeholders and help to drive the successful launch of new tools and resources. Join us and build a PMO, while honing your leadership and managerial skills. In addition, amplify our client engagement while providing exceptional services and support that elevates small businesses and their services.
Your work will consist of…
- Manage Program Management Office deliverables to deliver high-profile client projects
- Oversee day-to-day execution of the PMO, integrate work of multiple partners and workstreams, set workplans, track deadlines, oversee deliverables, and develop and implement action plans when deliverable dates are at risk
- Manage team members and contributors to ensure smooth delivery of deliverables and assets, while also facilitating communications between teams
- Manage and facilitate project kickoffs and weekly meetings
- Set meeting and communication governance for partners and ensure various workstreams are coordinated and dependencies communicated
- Collect and disseminate program management best practices and make recommendations on ways to improve program performance on a formal and informal basis
- You have 4 - 6 years of relevant work experience
- You have experience establishing and managing a best-in-class program management office (PMO)
- You enjoy collaborating across teams
- You have experience building work plans and successfully meeting deadlines
- You believe in social equity and our commitment to anti-racism efforts
- You believe diversity of thinking gets to better answers
- You have excellent communication and cross-functional relationship skills
What we offer:
We want our team members to bring their best, true selves to work every day. We will offer you:
- Competitive salary and benefits – We know you work hard, and we want to reward you for it. We offer competitive salaries and generous benefits packages (including 401k and paid parental leave) for mission-driven work.
- Generous paid time off – We want to ensure you have time to recharge and to pursue your many passions. We give our team members 20 days of paid time off per year, inclusive federal holidays, volunteer days and more!
- Mentorship and Sponsorship – You will have frequent access to our diverse and dynamic senior team. They will be committed to your growth and will invest in mentoring you.
- Career development – We take growth seriously. We give each team member an annual professional development stipend and provide ample coaching.
- Flexibility – It is important that you work when and where you work best. We are flexible with employees to accommodate individual schedules and work preferences. This includes a low travel mode during non-pandemic times.
- Social events and perks – We admire and value our teammates. We plan events throughout the year and provide office snacks so you can perform your best every day and more!
Next Street believes in an equitable and transparent compensation approach. The starting salary range for Manager positions across the firm is $105,000 - $111,667 regardless of location and commensurate with experience. You will also be eligible to participate in Next Street’s discretionary incentive program annually. For new hires, Next Street targets the start of the salary band, although considerations could be made based on job knowledge, skills, and experience. As part of our Antiracism commitment, Next Street uses a pay scale approach and transparent methodology to advance staff within a compensation band based on performance. Next Street does not negotiate compensation offers, as research shows that salary negotiations disadvantage People of Color and women.
Next Street is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.