You’ll join our Data Science Engineering (DSE) Optimizations Team reporting to one of our DSE managers. This team is responsible for systems that play key roles in delivering optimal performance for our clients’ budgets. Our systems efficiently ingest hundreds of millions of events daily to produce real-time market analyses, ensuring that the bids coming out of our pricing engines are reacting appropriately to dynamic market conditions. In addition, this team is responsible for another system that automatically adjusts budgets across our clients’ campaign portfolios to achieve high-level objectives for their marketing strategies. Engineers on this team improve and scale these internal optimization algorithms with their deep understanding of mathematics, statistics, and experimental design. If you have a desire to build automated systems that manage the bulk of the revenue of the company, then this is the team for you!
NextRoll engineers are afforded significant autonomy. We take ownership of our systems, and design and improve them as we see fit. We proactively propose new improvements and changes that benefit and impact multiple systems across engineering teams, always taking into account that systems must be reliable and work at a large scale.
This role is open in our San Francisco, New York, Salt Lake City offices, or Remote.
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required to enter a US NextRoll office. Please notify us to request accommodation.
Not sure that you might not be perfect for this role? You should still apply! We’ll review your application for other opportunities. We're always on the lookout for talented people and we're committed to developing each employee's career with over 1,800 training classes offered every year.
The impact you’ll make:
- Lead technical and mathematical decisions for proposed changes to our current components of our systems
- Design and implement pipelines that process data at large scale to derive and monitor campaign performance across a diverse group of over 30,000 marketers
- Design and implement experiments to optimize campaign setup and real-time bidding strategies
- Devise future algorithms that will operate in a privacy-first web
- Define plan and roadmaps for new features and components of systems
- Interface with other teams to ingest new data sources needed by our system
Skills you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years experience with Python and big data frameworks such as Spark
- Strong statistical skills, including conducting field experiments and interpreting results to partners
- Experience processing large datasets efficiently
- Architectural designing and roadmap planning for complex systems implementations
- 2+ years designing and implementing data processing pipelines
Benefits and perks
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% employee coverage for medical, dental and vision premiums
- Short and long term disability benefits at no cost to the employee
- Basic life and AD&D insurance at no cost to the employee
- 401K Plan (Pre-tax and Roth)
- 4 weeks of paid time off and work/life balance
- Up to 12 weeks of paid family leave (care for a family member, bond with a new child, etc.)
- Up to 6 weeks of paid disability leave (up to 12 weeks for pregnancy disability leave)
- Join a community of fellow Rollers as a member of one of our Employee Resource Groups
- Ample opportunities to volunteer with local organizations with NextRoll Gives Back
NextRoll is a marketing technology company delivering products ambitious marketers use and rely on to grow their businesses. Powered by machine learning and integrated data platforms, NextRoll’s technology serves tens of thousands of businesses globally through its two business units: RollWorks, an account-based platform for business-to-business marketing and sales teams, and AdRoll, an ecommerce marketing platform for direct-to-consumer marketers. NextRoll is a privately-held company headquartered in San Francisco, CA. To learn more visit nextroll.com.