The RollWorks Business Unit (BU) is looking for a Chief of Staff to report to the President of RollWorks. In this role, you will be responsible for managing the governance of the operating processes of the BU. As a member of the core leadership team of RollWorks, you will partner with the President and other functional leaders of the business to support transparency and accountability for achieving BU goals. We’re looking for someone with high emotional intelligence and who has been part of the business operations of a B2B centric organization, with knowledge of the MarTech industry. You have a bias for action and are able to navigate ambiguity and multiple interdependent projects. As a result, you will ensure the President’s attention is focused on the highest impact efforts.
This role is open in our San Francisco, New York City, Salt Lake City offices, or Remote.
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required to enter a US NextRoll office. Please notify us to request accommodation.
Not sure that you might not be perfect for this role? You should still apply! We’ll review your application for other opportunities. We're always on the lookout for talented people and we're committed to developing each employee's career with over 1,800 training classes offered every year.
The impact you’ll make:
- Define the governance structure for initiatives and communications within RollWorks
- Ensure transparency and accountability for key initiatives within RollWorks
- Partner with finance and revenue operations to develop executive reporting
- Lead special projects by serving as a trusted proxy for the President
- Facilitate quarterly and annual planning process in partnership with Finance
- Create content for internal & external purposes
- Analytic thinking: identify and understand complex issues, problems, and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions; use effective approaches for recommending a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; recommend action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Executive mindset: build effective working relationships with all senior leaders within the RollWorks BU, understand how people, process and technology work together (and not in isolation), system level thinking not functional level thinking, synthesizing and summarizing, clarity of communication
- Emotional intelligence: ability to read situations and people, understand team and functional dynamics, be seen as a proxy for the President and sought out for their counsel, be able to influence outcomes even without owning resources, identify “early warning’ signals across the company of brewing storms and be able to dispel through clarity of purpose and communication
- Operational knowledge: gets the pulse of the operations of a B2B focused organization; deeply understands the roles of marketing, sales, partnerships, product, finance, revenue operations and customer success; identifies and implements “connective tissue” operations between these functions
Skills you’ll bring:
- BA/BS but with a strong preference for an MBA
- 7+ years of overall experience with at least 5 years in an operating role within a high growth technology business or a minimum of 2 years in a strategy consulting role or similar role with a rigorous approach to analytical thinking
- Knowledge of the ABM market, preferably with experience working in a related business
- Previous experience as a Chief of Staff or Special Projects role preferable but not essential
- Rapid learner comfortable with ambiguity
- Ability to gain trust and build relationships
- Gritty and resilient with an ability to overcome hurdles and setbacks
- Deeply analytical with a high attention to detail
- Ambitious and efficient with limited resources
- Multi-tasker who can effortlessly switch context and prioritize with sound business acumen
- Strong, consistent communicator up, down and across an organization
- Good intuition on the appropriate level of process in a dynamic environment
- Views themselves as a facilitator not a gatekeeper
Benefits and perks:
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% employee coverage for medical, dental and vision premiums
- Short and long term disability benefits at no cost to the employee
- Basic life and AD&D insurance at no cost to the employee
- 401K Plan (Pre-tax and Roth)
- 4 weeks of paid time off and work/life balance
- Up to 12 weeks of paid family leave (care for a family member, bond with a new child, etc.)
- Up to 6 weeks of paid disability leave (up to 12 weeks for pregnancy disability leave)
- Join a community of fellow Rollers as a member of one of our Employee Resource Groups
- Ample opportunities to volunteer with local organizations with NextRoll Gives Back
RollWorks, a division of NextRoll, offers ambitious B2B companies an account-based platform to align their marketing and sales teams and confidently grow revenue. Powered by proprietary data and machine learning, RollWorks’ solutions address the needs of organizations large and small—from those with best-in-class ABM programs to those just beginning their exploration. RollWorks empowers teams to identify their target accounts and key buyers, reach those accounts across multiple channels, and measure program effectiveness in their system-of-record. Learn more at www.rollworks.com.
We are committed to building diverse teams of “Rollers” and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, ancestry, sex, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or other characteristics. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please notify us to request accommodation.