You will join our legal team reporting to our VP of Legal and will provide strategic advice and legal counsel regarding employment, labor, and benefits issues, and other matters as assigned. You will partner closely with our People Team and provide day-to-day support to ensure best practices and compliance with applicable laws. You will collaborate with cross-functional partners and colleagues to deliver real-time practical advice and feedback to internal clients, and identify areas of need and generate action plans.
This role is open in our San Francisco, New York City, Salt Lake City offices, or U.S. Remote.
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required to enter a US NextRoll office. Please notify us to request accommodation.
Not sure that you might not be perfect for this role? You should still apply! We’ll review your application for other opportunities. We're always on the lookout for talented people and we're committed to developing each employee's career with over 1,800 training classes offered every year.
The impact you’ll make:
- Provide advice and strategic support to the People Team and business leaders on a range of employment law issues relating to recruiting, hiring, diversity and inclusion programs, compensation, benefits, accommodations, performance management, and other employment-related matters
- Draft and negotiate employment-related agreements, guidelines, contracts, benefits plans, and policies
- Partner with our People Team to build efficient processes to maintain compliance with employment laws and regulations
- Provide legal guidelines and support regarding classification of employees and the company’s contingent workforce
- Build and update employment-related templates for compliance with federal, state, and local laws
- Collaborate with the People Team on the creation and delivery of training related to employment law matters
Skills you’ll bring:
- JD with at least 7 years of experience handling employment issues in a fast paced legal environment; membership in at least one state bar (admission to California or NY Bar preferred)
- Strong understanding of California and federal employment law
- Excellent communication skills and ability to maintain discretion, confidentiality, and integrity
- Adept at communicating with and directing the work of outside counsel
- Prior law firm experience or in-house experience at a U.S. multinational company preferred
- Proven ability to identify, prioritize, and resolve issues quickly and independently
Benefits and perks:
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% employee coverage for medical, dental and vision premiums
- Short and long term disability benefits at no cost to the employee
- Basic life and AD&D insurance at no cost to the employee
- 401K Plan (Pre-tax and Roth)
- 4 weeks of paid time off and work/life balance
- Up to 12 weeks of paid family leave (care for a family member, bond with a new child, etc.)
- Up to 6 weeks of paid disability leave (up to 12 weeks for pregnancy disability leave)
- Join a community of fellow Rollers as a member of one of our Employee Resource Groups
- Ample opportunities to volunteer with local organizations with NextRoll Gives Back
NextRoll is a marketing technology company delivering products ambitious companies use and rely on to grow their businesses. Powered by machine learning and integrated data platforms, NextRoll’s technology serves tens of thousands of businesses globally through its business units: RollWorks, an account-based platform for business-to-business marketing and sales teams, and AdRoll, an ecommerce marketing platform for growing direct-to-consumer brands. NextRoll is a privately-held company headquartered in San Francisco, CA. To learn more visit nextroll.com.
We are committed to building diverse teams of “Rollers” and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, ancestry, sex, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or other characteristics. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please notify us to request accommodation.