You’ll join our real time bidding team reporting to the Sr. Director and help lead the architecture and maintenance of our distributed systems that handle billions of requests per day across thousands of machines running Erlang code. We also have multiple ancillary systems written in Elixir and Python that help us keep our real-time systems running in top shape and we’re experimenting with Rust. You’ll provide technical leadership and guidance to the team that you work alongside as we continue to improve our code for the future.
This role is open in our San Francisco, New York, Salt Lake City offices, or Remote.
Not sure that you might not be perfect for this role? You should still apply! We’ll review your application for other opportunities. We're always on the lookout for talented people and we're committed to developing each employee's career with over 1,800 training classes offered every year.
The impact you’ll make:
- You’ll help design, implement and improve high-up time, high availability distributed systems processing billions of requests every day.
- You’ll gain lots of experience running Erlang and Python systems in production environments.
- Your work will impact the majority of our company’s revenue on a daily basis.
- You’ll be providing guidance and mentorship to less experienced engineers at the company.
Skills you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- You have 6+ years experience working in high-availability, high-traffic distributed systems
- You either have experience with Erlang or you have experience in another functional programming language and a desire to learn Erlang
- You believe in writing readable, well-engineered code and in leaving the code-base better for the next person who comes along
- You’ve worked with AWS or similar cloud providers in the past
- You’re interested in helping younger developers improve their engineering skills
- You’re good at working well with a team of highly motivated people
Benefits and perks:
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% employee coverage for medical, dental and vision premiums
- Short and long term disability benefits at no cost to the employee
- Basic life and AD&D insurance at no cost to the employee
- 401K Plan (Pre-tax and Roth)
- 4 weeks of paid time off and work/life balance
- Up to 12 weeks of paid family leave (care for a family member, bond with a new child, etc.)
- Up to 6 weeks of paid disability leave (up to 12 weeks for pregnancy disability leave)
- Join a community of fellow Rollers as a member of one of our Employee Resource Groups
- Ample opportunities to volunteer with local organizations with NextRoll Gives Back
NextRoll is a marketing technology company delivering products ambitious marketers use and rely on to grow their businesses. Powered by machine learning and integrated data platforms, NextRoll’s technology serves tens of thousands of businesses globally through its two business units: RollWorks, an account-based platform for business-to-business marketing and sales teams, and AdRoll, an ecommerce marketing platform for direct-to-consumer marketers. NextRoll is a privately-held company headquartered in San Francisco, CA. To learn more visit nextroll.com.
We are committed to building diverse teams of “Rollers” and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, ancestry, sex, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or other characteristics. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please notify us to request accommodation.