Are you passionate about collecting and applying market data and insights to guide product and business strategy?
Join our Business Analytics team reporting to our Director of Business Analytics and lead the generation of technology market insights to support NextRoll’s product, engineering, and business strategy. NextRoll is looking for a research professional with the experience and analytical skills to research key industry trends and communicate findings in a way that helps cross-functional teams understand the customer and competitive landscape and NextRoll’s positioning within it. You will help inform decisions by identifying the relevant information required, locating it from both internal and external sources, aggregating through analysis and transformations, and documenting and sharing your research findings to a cross-functional audience.
This role is open in our San Francisco, New York, Salt Lake City offices, or Remote.
Not sure that you might not be perfect for this role? You should still apply! We’ll review your application for other opportunities. We're always on the lookout for talented people and we're committed to developing each employee's career with over 1,800 training classes offered every year.
The impact you’ll make:
- Drive the implementation of new techniques and processes and lead data collection and compilation across multiple internal and external data sources and platforms to research, analyze, and summarize NextRoll addressable market size, market share, and industry trends for digital advertising, marketing automation, SaaS, eCommerce and other relevant technologies.
- Research upcoming developments and trends in ad privacy (ad tracking restrictions, privacy sandbox, aggregation etc.) to discover strategic opportunities.
- Develop and apply frameworks for aligning market data in the advertising technology and SaaS markets with NextRoll strategy, products, and business operations to highlight both threats and opportunities.
- Work with cross-functional teams to plan and implement market research and deliver reports to inform company strategy and decisions.
- Partner with Product Management, Product Marketing, and Engineering to apply market research to create product roadmaps that address the changing digital advertising technology and policy landscape.
- Scan the marketplace for new ideas, innovative technologies, and pilot opportunities that could inform NextRoll’s strategy.
Skills you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher, preferably in quantitative discipline.
- 5+ years experience in market research or data analysis role in the technology industry, with experience in a consulting or corporate strategy environment a plus but not required.
- Excellent quantitative skills with the ability to strategically analyze complex technologies.
- Experience and skill in applying both qualitative and quantitative research techniques to develop answers to difficult questions using sometimes limited information.
- Experience with online research such as SEC EDGAR filings and syndicated reports and data.
- Ability to understand, integrate, and synthesize data from multiple sources to form insightful observations.
- Self-directed, comfortable with ambiguity, and the project management skills to support, prioritize, and progress several work streams at a time.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and comfort working across functions and across levels including senior executives and directors.
- Thorough knowledge of spreadsheets, including graphing, pivot table, and lookup functions.
Benefits and perks:
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% employee coverage for medical, dental and vision premiums
- Short and long term disability benefits at no cost to the employee
- Basic life and AD&D insurance at no cost to the employee
- 401K Plan (Pre-tax and Roth)
- 4 weeks of paid time off and work/life balance
- Up to 12 weeks of paid family leave (care for a family member, bond with a new child, etc.)
- Up to 6 weeks of paid disability leave (up to 12 weeks for pregnancy disability leave)
- Join a community of fellow Rollers as a member of one of our Employee Resource Groups
- Ample opportunities to volunteer with local organizations with NextRoll Gives Back
NextRoll is a marketing technology company delivering products ambitious marketers use and rely on to grow their businesses. Powered by machine learning and integrated data platforms, NextRoll’s technology serves tens of thousands of businesses globally through its two business units: RollWorks, an account-based platform for business-to-business marketing and sales teams, and AdRoll, a growth marketing platform for direct-to-consumer marketers. NextRoll is a privately-held company headquartered in San Francisco, CA. To learn more visit nextroll.com.
We are committed to building diverse teams of “Rollers” and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, ancestry, sex, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or other characteristics. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please notify us to request accommodation.