The Contact Data team at NextRoll is seeking a Senior Backend Engineer to help build out a state of the art Customer Data Platform. Your mission will be to work with others to develop a service for storing and querying event and attribute data. This service will serve as the foundation upon which many of NextRoll’s products will be built. As part of the project you will get to work with cutting edge technologies such as Rust, GraphQL, and Aurora.
At NextRoll you'll have the opportunity to play with the latest tech, learn new skills, sharpen your existing ones, and make a difference in a rapidly growing company. You’ll also have the chance to compete for the Grand Prize at our bi-annual Engineering Hack Week.
This role is open in our San Francisco, New York, Salt Lake City offices, or remote.
Our work environment is one where ambition thrives and so will you. We help every employee discover their full potential by giving them opportunities to expand their skill set and develop their career at NextRoll. Don't think you have all the skills required for this role? That's okay, we're committed to helping all of our employees learn and grow.
The impact you’ll make:
- Implement features using Rust, Aurora PostgreSQL, GraphQL, Docker, and AWS
- Design high-availability services with fast response times
- Code responsibly: minimize tech debt, advocate for change or investment as needed, test and monitor everything
- Collaborate with Product Managers and engineering leaders to design solutions and architectures to meet complex requirements
Skills you’ll bring:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years experience in backend engineering
- Professional experience in one or more low-level programming languages such as Rust, Go, or C/C++
- Solid experience in building scalable, high performance systems
- Experience in distributed computing frameworks and paradigms
- Enthusiasm to work in a vibrant, collaborative, and fast-paced engineering team
- Experience with Python and AWS
- Experience with big data processing pipelines or database internals
- Knowledge of AdTech or the CDP (Customer Data Platform) space
- Experience with agile development methodologies, CI/CD
Benefits and perks:
- Competitive salary, equity, and fully covered medical
- One month of paid time off and work/life balance
- Up to 3 months of paid pregnancy disability leave
- 3 months of paid family leave (care for a family member, bond with a new child, etc.)
- Up to 6 weeks of paid disability leave
- Join a community of fellow Rollers as a member of one of our Employee Resource Groups
- Ample opportunities to volunteer with local organizations with NextRoll Gives Back
NextRoll is a marketing technology company delivering products ambitious marketers use and rely on to grow their businesses. Powered by machine learning and integrated data platforms, NextRoll’s technology serves tens of thousands of businesses globally through its two business units: RollWorks, an account-based platform for business-to-business marketing and sales teams, and AdRoll, an ecommerce marketing platform for direct-to-consumer marketers. NextRoll is a privately-held company headquartered in San Francisco, CA. To learn more visit nextroll.com.
We are committed to building diverse teams of “Rollers” and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, ancestry, sex, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or other characteristics. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please notify us to request accommodation.