NextGen America is seeking passionate and hardworking candidates to join our youth organizing program in Wisconsin, working to engage young people in local and national fights to prevent climate disaster and promote prosperity for all Americans. This role will be focused organizing in one of several cities in Wisconsin as part of this ambitious effort.
In Wisconsin, this effort will focus on organizing young people to engage them in issue advocacy and organize actions to hold federal and local office-holders accountable. We are currently hiring field organizers in Milwaukee, Green Bay, and Osh Kosh.
- Recruit and train a local volunteer team that will organize their networks around progressive issues and in electoral campaigns
- Use digital tools to build on field organizing
- Develop relationships and partnerships with local community and student groups
- Hit defined field goals, including traditional grassroots voter contact, earned media, and event planning and turnout
- Meet all data and field reporting deadlines
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- 1-3 years of experience organizing or working with volunteers
- Driven with a strong work ethic
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to adapt to evolving priorities and manage several tasks simultaneously
- Previous issue organizing experience a plus
NextGen America offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience and a very comprehensive benefits package.
ABOUT NEXTGEN AMERICA:
NextGen America acts politically to prevent climate disaster, promote prosperity, and protect the fundamental rights of every American.
Since our founding as NextGen Climate in 2013, we’ve worked to fight climate change by advancing the transition to a clean energy economy. We’ve supported candidates who support climate action. We’ve fought to halt the Keystone XL pipeline and registered more than 1 million voters nationwide.
Now, the same values that drive our work on climate are under unprecedented attack from all directions.
We’re proud to step up the fight for immigrant rights, affordable health care, prosperity, and equality.
NextGen America is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people of diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply.