NextGen Rising is proud to announce our Fall Fellowship program, the premier organizing training program for students working to lead the youth wing of the Resistance to Donald Trump. NextGen Rising is seeking passionate and hardworking individuals to embark on a 10-week fellowship program, starting in September, that teaches young changemakers the art and science of community organizing and civic engagement.
NextGen Rising Fellows will organize on and around their campuses, and gain skills and experience to build a strong foundation in organizing, including:
- Hand-on campaign skills
- Innovative public policy initiatives
- Real work experience working on campaigns
- Make an immediate impact as a member of the resistance
NextGen Rising Fellows will spend 10 hours per week working with the NextGen Rising team on community change projects and local campaigns, including:
- Holding GOP legislators accountable for their support of Trump’s policies
- Voter registration and engagement on-campus
- Building out local organizational capacity on-campus
- Electoral campaign work, both on-and-off campus
Fellows will be required to attend:
- A once-a-week web training on a specific organizing skill
- Once-a-month statewide training weekends with other fellows
- One-on-one or group conversations with campaign professionals, elected officials, and movement leaders
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Strong appetite for grassroots organizing and passionate about climate
- Excellent organizational skills
- Driven with a strong work ethic
- Act with high integrity and character
- Previous campaign experience is plus
- Experience using voter databases like VAN is a plus
NextGen America offers stipended part-time campaign organizing fellowships for students.
ABOUT NEXTGEN AMERICA:
NextGen America acts politically to prevent climate disaster, promote prosperity, and protect the fundamental rights of every American.
Since our founding as NextGen Climate in 2013, we’ve worked to fight climate change by advancing the transition to a clean energy economy. We’ve supported candidates who support climate action. We’ve fought to halt the Keystone XL pipeline and registered more than 1 million voters nationwide.
Now, the same values that drive our work on climate are under unprecedented attack from all directions.
We’re proud to step up the fight for immigrant rights, affordable health care, prosperity, and equality.
NextGen America is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people of diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply.