NextGen America is currently seeking a creative and results-oriented campaigner to execute a variety of grassroots campaigns.
- Serve as lead digital writer and content producer for NextGen America's email program, with the goal of engaging and growing our community of email advocates
- Manage emails from the drafting and editing stages through deployment and reporting stages
- Work closely with senior staff to ensure content is aligned with NextGen America’s advocacy, communications, and policy objectives while supporting organization’s larger campaign goals
- Ensure a quality user experience, from email, to landing page, to social share functions
- Test variations in copy, design, and segmenting to optimize engagement
- Work in collaboration with email team to make data-driven assessments of NextGen’s email program. Report on the performance of email campaigns to senior staff on a regular basis and make recommendations for increasing engagement and growing our list
- Foster partnerships with like-minded organizations to carry out multi-partner campaigns
- Maintain an understanding of the emerging trends in digital storytelling and utilize them, effectively
- Manage a Digital Associate who assists with NextGen America's digital advocacy programs
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- 4-6+ years of communications or digital work for political campaigns, nonprofit advocacy groups or marketing
- Exceptional writing, copyediting, and proofreading skills
- A clear ability to adapt rapidly to evolving priorities and deadlines
- Solid reporting and analytical skills
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS for email and landing pages
- Familiarity with CMS tools like WordPress and Drupal and social media management platforms
- Proficiency with mobile tools like Relay, Hustle, and/or Revere Mobile Commons
- They must have a strong work ethic and demonstrate consistent attention to detail
- Love working in a dynamic team environment
- Be a positive, unselfish team player that sets the tone for everyone to do his or her best work
- Other duties as assigned
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Experience with reporting and analytics tools including Google Analytics, Omniture, Facebook Analytics, etc.
NextGen America offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience and a very comprehensive benefits package.
ABOUT NEXTGEN AMERICA:
NextGen America acts politically to prevent climate disaster, promote prosperity, and protect the fundamental rights of every American.
Since our founding as NextGen Climate in 2013, we’ve worked to fight climate change by advancing the transition to a clean energy economy. We’ve supported candidates who support climate action. We’ve fought to halt the Keystone XL pipeline and registered more than 1 million voters nationwide.
Now, the same values that drive our work on climate are under unprecedented attack from all directions.
We’re proud to step up the fight for immigrant rights, affordable health care, prosperity, and equality.
NextGen America is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people of diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply.