NextGen America is currently seeking an experienced, detail-oriented Communications Director to join our team. Reporting to the VP of Strategic Communications, the Communications Director will lead and manage NextGen America’s day-to-day communications efforts across multiple channels and program areas. The ideal candidate will have a long track record of successful experience in political or campaign environments.
- Develop and implement earned media and communications strategies in coordination with the Executive Team
- Build and maintain relationships with key reporters, editors, and producers in print, television, online, and radio
- Serve as an on-the-record spokesperson for NextGen America on political and state-specific campaigns
- Prepare and staff NextGen America principals for interviews and press events
- Travel on an as-needed basis
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- A bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of 8 years experience in the communications field, including at least 4 years on-the-record experience in electoral campaigns and/or legislative offices
- Excellent organizational skills
- The ability to adapt rapidly to evolving priorities and deadlines
- Strong desire to work with a team in a fast-paced environment
- Driven with a strong work ethic
- Ability to travel and work flexible hours
- Previous on-the-record experience in a political or campaign environment is required
NextGen America offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience and a very comprehensive benefits package.
ABOUT NEXTGEN AMERICA:
NextGen America acts politically to prevent climate disaster, promote prosperity, and protect the fundamental rights of every American.
Since our founding as NextGen Climate in 2013, we’ve worked to fight climate change by advancing the transition to a clean energy economy. We’ve supported candidates who support climate action. We’ve fought to halt the Keystone XL pipeline and registered more than 1 million voters nationwide.
Now, the same values that drive our work on climate are under unprecedented attack from all directions.
We’re proud to step up the fight for immigrant rights, affordable health care, prosperity, and equality.
NextGen America is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people of diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply