NextGen America is seeking passionate and hardworking candidates to join our youth organizing program in Wisconsin, working to engage young people in local and national advocacy, and electoral organizing at the local level. The Operations Director will be responsible for ensuring the team has all materials and resources needed to execute the program. This includes everything from overseeing the state budget, to placing supply orders, to helping recruit high quality candidates for job openings. Candidates for this role should have previous experience in: a political or campaign environment, managing budgets, and organizing logistics for events.
We are an equal opportunity employer., and we encourage people of diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply. We value and are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion as an organization--in theory and in practice, and our culture reflects that value and commitment. We are committed to furthering issues like climate change, health care, and immigration from a progressive perspective, and we seek to engage the public in these areas as well as others. We also recognize the urgency of confronting institutional racism and inequity within our political system, and strive to make positive changes within our system as a result.
- Maintain state budget and payments to in state vendors
- Coordinate staff hiring process and human resource activities in state in collaboration with state leadership and national HQ
- Manage general office needs, including procurement of office supplies and field merchandise/literature
- Track organizational progress and develop comprehensive reports
- Coordinate logistics for in state field events and organizer trainings
YOU SHOULD APPLY IF:
- You’ve worked in or near operations before
- You appreciate a well-designed spreadsheet
- You’ve worked on a campaign and wanted to make it more efficient
- You’re flexible and willing to try different solutions until you find what works
- You’re willing and able to travel and work irregular hours
- You’re the kind of person who likes to be prepared for anything
Salary of $5,200/month plus a comprehensive benefits package.
ABOUT NEXTGEN AMERICA:
NextGen America acts politically to prevent climate disaster, promote prosperity, and protect the fundamental rights of every American. Since our founding as NextGen Climate in 2013, we’ve worked to fight climate change by advancing the transition to a clean energy economy. We’ve supported candidates who support climate action. We’ve fought to halt the Keystone XL pipeline and registered more than 1 million voters nationwide. Now, the same values that drive our work on climate are under unprecedented attack from all directions. We’re proud to step up the fight for immigrant rights, affordable health care, prosperity, and equality.