NextGen America is currently seeking a full time Digital Organizing intern to work in our San Francisco office for summer 2020, with the possibility of an extension into late 2020.
College seniors or recent graduates with political campaign experience are particularly encouraged to apply.
HOW YOU WILL BENEFIT
- Paid: an intern will receive a stipend to support living expenses
- Location: an intern will work out of the NGA headquarters in Downtown San Francisco
- Assist with core day-to-day activities of the digital organizing team
- Assist with national peer-to-peer texting campaigns
- Aid with drafting, editing, and coding email & digital content including website landing pages.
- Support targeted email and texting actions for in-state campaigns
- Conduct necessary research
- Provide fact-checking and copyediting support
- Perform administrative support and duties as needed
WHAT WE REQUIRE
- Current seniors at accredited universities and colleges or recent college graduates
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Drive applications
- Passion for taking political action through the #youthvote to stand up for progressive values and causes
- Strong desire to obtain new skills and exposure to working in a professional environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented with the ability to produce high-quality work under tight deadlines
- Creative and flexible
- Excellent team player
This will be a full time, paid position for ten (10) weeks during the summer of 2020.
ABOUT NEXTGEN AMERICA:
NextGen America mobilizes young people to vote in crucial elections to make progress on the issues facing our generation. Since our founding as NextGen Climate in 2013, we’ve worked to fight climate change by supporting candidates who back climate action. With the values that drive our work on climate under attack from all directions, we’re proud to step up the fight for immigrant rights, affordable health care, prosperity, and equality. We've registered more than one million young voters nationwide and ran the largest youth vote mobilization program in the country in 2018. We're going even bigger and bolder to drive record young voter turnout for elections in 2020.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage people of diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply. We value and are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion as an organization--in theory and in practice, and our culture reflects that value and commitment. We are committed to furthering issues like climate change, health care, and immigration from a progressive perspective, and we seek to engage the public in these areas as well as others. We also recognize the urgency of confronting institutional racism and inequity within our political system and strive to make positive changes within our system as a result.