NextGen America is seeking an Influencer Associate to help monitor and carry out a social media influencer program (SMIP) that will motivate young people to vote in the 2020 election. This person will be a key member of NextGen America’s digital communications team.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage people of diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply. We value and are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion as an organization--in theory and in practice, and our culture reflects that value and commitment. We are committed to furthering issues like climate change, health care, and immigration from a progressive perspective, and we seek to engage the public in these areas as well as others. We also recognize the urgency of confronting institutional racism and inequity within our political system and strive to make positive changes within our system as a result.
The Influencer Associate will:
- Identify high engagement micro-influencers
- Grow and maintain influencer relationships
- Handle messaging correspondence with a wide range of influencers
- Track all collaborations across assigned social media platforms
- Track and reports campaign stats, program progress, and performance of influencer posts
- Identify and jump on viral trends
The Influencer Associate will report to the Influencer Program Manager.
This position will be located in San Francisco, CA.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
The ideal candidate for this role has a passion for progressive change & possesses the following:
- Advanced Google suite proficiency, particularly skilled in sheets
- Curiosity and a willingness to learn both technical and non-technical skills
- Creative, out-of-the-box thinking. Extremely savvy with social media and comfortable participating in content creation
- Comfortable with lateral management, and able to hold themselves accountable to deadlines and goals
- An in-depth understanding of social platforms, especially Instagram
- Previous experience in communications or digital work for political campaigns, nonprofit advocacy groups or marketing.
- Exceptional writing and proofreading skills, close attention to detail
- Can adapt rapidly to evolving priorities and deadlines
- Experience with any of the following would be a plus:
- At least one cycle of political campaign experience
- Recruitment/commission sales experience
- Experience with political data, modeling and experiments
- In-depth understanding of TikTok & Twitter
NextGen America offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience and a very comprehensive benefits package. NextGen America is an equal opportunity employer.
ABOUT NEXTGEN AMERICA:
NextGen America mobilizes young people to vote in crucial elections to make progress on the issues facing our generation. Since our founding as NextGen Climate in 2013, we’ve worked to fight climate change by supporting candidates who back climate action. With the values that drive our work on climate under attack from all directions, we’re proud to step up the fight for immigrant rights, affordable health care, prosperity, and equality. We've registered more than one million young voters nationwide and ran the largest youth vote mobilization program in the country in 2018. We're going even bigger and bolder to drive record young voter turnout for elections in 2020.