NextGen America is currently seeking a full-time Operations and Finance intern to work in our San Francisco office for Fall/Winter 2019, with the possibility of an extension into 2020.
College seniors or recent graduates with strong excel skills and political campaign experience are particularly encouraged to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer., and we encourage people of diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply. We value and are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion as an organization--in theory and in practice, and our culture reflects that value and commitment. We are committed to furthering issues like climate change, health care, and immigration from a progressive perspective, and we seek to engage the public in these areas as well as others. We also recognize the urgency of confronting institutional racism and inequity within our political system, and strive to make positive changes within our system as a result.
HOW YOU WILL BENEFIT:
- Paid: an intern will receive a stipend to support living expenses
- Location: an intern will work out of the NGA headquarters in San Francisco's Financial District
- Training and Development: an intern will work with leaders with years of experience in the climate movement and national and state politics and will gain experience in finance and program operations.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with core day-to-day activities of the Finance and Operations teams
- Assist in analyzing the organization's fiscal information to produce reports
- Assist with operational processes including check requests, processing invoices, tracking headcount, updating etc.
- Data entry and maintenance of databases
- Perform administrative support and duties as needed
- Current seniors at accredited universities and colleges or recent college graduates
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Drive applications
- Passion for taking political action to fight climate change, transition our country to clean energy, and stand up for progressive values and causes
- Strong desire to obtain new skills and exposure to working in a professional environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented with the ability to produce high-quality work under tight deadlines
- Creative and flexible
- Excellent team player
Interns are classified as independent contractors. NextGen America offers a stipend reflective of the time commitment for the internships . Interns are expected to commit on average approximately 35 hours per week through their internship.
ABOUT NEXTGEN AMERICA:
NextGen America acts politically to prevent climate disaster, promote prosperity, and protect the fundamental rights of every American. Since our founding as NextGen Climate in 2013, we’ve worked to fight climate change by advancing the transition to a clean energy economy. We’ve supported candidates who support climate action. We’ve fought to halt the Keystone XL pipeline and registered more than 1 million voters nationwide. Now, the same values that drive our work on climate are under unprecedented attack from all directions. We’re proud to step up the fight for immigrant rights, affordable health care, prosperity, and equality.