ABOUT NEXTGEN POLICY:
NextGen Policy acts politically to prevent climate disaster, promote prosperity, and protect the fundamental rights of every American. Since our founding as NextGen Climate in 2013, we’ve worked to fight climate change by advancing the transition to a clean energy economy. We’ve supported candidates who support climate action. We’ve fought to halt the Keystone XL pipeline and registered more than 1 million voters nationwide. Now, the same values that drive our work on climate are under unprecedented attack from all directions. We’re proud to step up the fight for immigrant rights, affordable health care, prosperity, and equality.
We are an equal opportunity employer., and we encourage people of diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply. We value and are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion as an organization--in theory and in practice, and our culture reflects that value and commitment. We are committed to furthering issues like climate change, health care, and immigration from a progressive perspective, and we seek to engage the public in these areas as well as others. We also recognize the urgency of confronting institutional racism and inequity within our political system, and strive to make positive changes within our system as a result.
NextGen Policy (NGP) is seeking an organized, self-starter Digital Manager to develop, execute and manage all aspects of the NGP digital media program - including email, website, digital advertising, social media and some light graphic and video work.
The Digital Manager will be based in our Sacramento office and report to the Communications Manager.
- Create digital media strategy that reflects the goals of NGP and amplifies the messaging developed by the communications and policy teams.
- Work with internal NextGen groups to coordinate digital and offline efforts.
- Create email, social media and digital advertising strategy and content that reflects the NGP goals.
- Execute advanced email marketing and segmentation
- Manage intern
- Use digital media metrics tools to assess campaign success.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Strong technical skills with 3-5 years of digital media work for public/private sector entities (e.g. political campaigns, nonprofit advocacy groups or labor unions).
- Strong writing skills including mastery knowledge of email organizing writing
- One to two years of supervisory experience managing and developing the skills of a team
- Exceptional copyediting and proofreading skills
- Proficiency with advocacy CMS, CRM and other SaaS (e.g. Blue State Digital, Expression Engine, Action Kit, WordPress, etc.).
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS coding
- Experience with reporting and analytics tools including Google Analytics, Omniture, Facebook Analytics
- Social media expert - including management tools for managing multiple accounts.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, and demonstrate a clear ability to adapt rapidly to evolving priorities and deadlines
- Strong work ethic, demonstrated consistent attention to detail and desire to work in a dynamic team environment
- Positive team player
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Familiarity with graphics and video production skills - including producing, shooting and editing
NextGen Policy offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience and a very comprehensive benefits package.