NextGen Policy (NGP) is currently seeking a part or full time policy intern to work in our Sacramento office for spring 2019, with the possibility of an extension into summer 2019. College juniors or seniors and graduate students are encouraged to apply.
HOW YOU WILL BENEFIT
- Paid: an intern will receive a stipend to support living expenses
- Location: an intern will work out of the NGP office in downtown Sacramento
- Training and Development: an intern will work with leaders with years of experience in the policy and advocacy fields within national and state government
- Education: an intern can attend meetings, hearings and events in and around the State Capitol
- Assist with core day-to-day activities of the California policy team
- Assist with monitoring of state issues, legislation, and press
- Assist with special events organized by NGP, and ability to travel when required
- Assist with drafting and editing internal and external communication materials
- Conduct necessary research
- Perform administrative support and other duties as needed
WHAT WE REQUIRE
- Current juniors and seniors at accredited universities and colleges or recent college graduates
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Drive applications
- Passion for taking political action to prevent climate disaster, promote prosperity, and protect the fundamental rights of every American.
- Strong desire to obtain new skills and exposure to working in a professional environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented with the ability to produce high-quality work under tight deadlines
- Creative and flexible
- Excellent team player
Interns are independent contractors to NextGen America. NextGen America offers a monthly stipend which is commensurate with the number of hours committed to the fellowship program. Interns are required to commit to 20-40 per week through 2019 spring internship.