ABOUT NEXTGEN AMERICA:
NextGen America acts politically to prevent climate disaster, promote prosperity, and protect the fundamental rights of every American. Since our founding as NextGen Climate in 2013, we’ve worked to fight climate change by advancing the transition to a clean energy economy. We’ve supported candidates who support climate action. We’ve fought to halt the Keystone XL pipeline and registered more than 1 million voters nationwide. Now, the same values that drive our work on climate are under unprecedented attack from all directions. We’re proud to step up the fight for immigrant rights, affordable health care, prosperity, and equality.
We are an equal opportunity employer., and we encourage people of diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply. We value and are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion as an organization--in theory and in practice, and our culture reflects that value and commitment. We are committed to furthering issues like climate change, health care, and immigration from a progressive perspective, and we seek to engage the public in these areas as well as others. We also recognize the urgency of confronting institutional racism and inequity within our political system, and strive to make positive changes within our system as a result.
NextGen America is seeking passionate and hardworking candidates to join our youth organizing program in New Hampshire, working to engage young people in local and national fights at the ballot box and in government. This role will be focused on organizing several campuses in New Hampshire and within the community.
In New Hampshire, this effort will focus on organizing young people to engage them in issue advocacy, electoral campaigns, and actions to hold federal and local office-holders accountable. Our work will engage young voters in the state legislative process, in actions to hold federal and local office-holders accountable, in voter registration efforts, and build towards a massive 2020 electoral program. Our 2019 electoral program will include traditional electoral organizing tactics such as door knocking, phone banking, peer-to-peer text banking, as well as accountability tactics and digital organizing. This position reports to the Regional Organizing Director or State Organizing Director.
- Recruit and train a local volunteer team that will organize their networks around progressive issues and in electoral campaigns
- Develop NextGen student clubs on campuses and work with student leaders to run these clubs and host events on campus
- Work with college administrations to increase civic participation and voter registration on campus
- Plan and host events within the community and on campus
- Use digital tools to build on field organizing
- Develop relationships and partnerships with local community and student groups
- Hit defined field goals, including traditional grassroots voter contact, earned media, and event planning and turnout
- Meet all data and field reporting deadlines
- Recruit and manage a team of fellows
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- 1-3 years of experience organizing or working with volunteers
- Weekend and irregular work hours required
- Driven by a strong work ethic
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to adapt to evolving priorities and manage several tasks simultaneously
- Previous electoral organizing experience a plus
NextGen America offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience and a very comprehensive benefits package.