New Tech Network (NTN), a national non-profit organization, is a leading design partner for comprehensive school change. We work closely with districts and schools to create innovative learning environments. Through a proven school model, a project-based learning platform, and powerful professional development, we coach schools toward lasting change and ongoing improvement. New Tech Network aims to create an organization that reflects the communities we serve and a culture where everyone feels valued, heard, and included. NTN commits to intentionally work to disrupt inequities, both internally and across the network (NTN’s Equity Beliefs and Commitments). We strive to build and sustain a diverse, multicultural, equitable community internally and with our external partners
Under the supervision of the Senior Director of College Access and Network, the NTN Education Data Coordinator is responsible for designing and implementing a set of processes to capture, clean, analyze, and report on school- and student-level data from school partners.
LOCATION: Remote, with up to 20% travel
REPORTS TO: Senior Director of College Access and Network
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
STRATEGY & PROCESS DEVELOPMENT/REFINEMENT (15%)
- Design, implement, and manage innovative strategies and mechanisms to ensure consistent data collection processes.
- In accordance with data sharing agreements, partner with external education, research, and philanthropic organizations to ensure data requirements are met.
- Establish and implement the flow, organization, retrieval, storage, and descriptive analysis of school- and student-level formative and summative data.
- Implement and maintain data privacy and security plan in alignment with the NTN data governance agreement and data sharing agreements with schools to ensure personally identifiable information is de-identified prior to analysis and reporting.
- Maintaining current knowledge and understanding of data privacy regulations, laws, and guidance such as FERPA
DATA COLLECTION & CLEANING (50%)
- Undertake school- and student-level data collection from 49 school partners and communicate regularly to arrange for data collection.
- Collect, process, and manage a variety of quantitative and qualitative data.
- Export, clean, and import aggregate and disaggregated school- and student-level outcome measure data to update Google Data Studio dashboards.
- Sort, update, and merge data files from a variety of sources.
- Evaluate data quality and perform data-cleaning operations.
DATA ANALYSIS & REPORTING (35%)
- Design, maintain, and continuously revise a network-level Google Data Studio dashboard which includes aggregate and disaggregated outcome measure data.
- Create resources, reports, and presentations for internal and external stakeholders providing data summaries, graphs, tables, and/or dashboards.
- Launch, analyze, format, and report on student-level survey data with external school partners.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in mathematics, science, statistics, survey research, social science research, or related field
- Minimum of 1 year training, coursework, or experience in data management and analysis; including the management of large complicated datasets
- Willingness and ability to develop new quantitative skills and methodologies as necessary and apply them in new contexts
- Ability to work independently and as an effective member of teams, working on several projects at once and setting and meeting reasonable timelines
- Knowledge of FERPA and other student data privacy laws, regulations, and best practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to clearly articulate a vision
- Comfort and familiarity working in a virtual work environment
- Experience with databases like Salesforce or public sources (NCES, CRDC)
- Experience with data visualization tools like Google Data Studio and/or Tableau
- Demonstrated skills with quantitative data analysis software such as SPSS, SAS, HLM, STATA, R, etc. as well as qualitative data analysis software such as NVIVO
This position has access to sensitive and confidential information, and is trusted to maintain this information, files and documents properly. These documents include, but are not limited to, financial information, grant information, client proprietary information and other business related material. Failure to safeguard this information could result in loss of trust and reputation internally and externally.
Low physical effort required to sit, stand at files, bend, stoop, lift, and walk. Maximum unassisted lift = 35lbs. Requires ability to use a keyboard, monitor and calculator. Also requires the ability to communicate verbally, both in person and on the telephone.
WHAT WE OFFER
New Tech Network offers competitive compensation. The starting salary range for this position is $56,000 - 65,000 with a final offer based on the candidate’s professional experience and internal equity. In addition to base salary, our competitive compensation includes:
- An opportunity for bonus compensation
- A highly collaborative, creative yet autonomous remote work environment
- Comprehensive benefits, including Medical, Dental, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account, Short and Long Term Disability, Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D), Employee Assistance Program, Supplemental Accident & Critical Illness plans and 401(k) Retirement Plan
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO) STATEMENT
New Tech Network is an equal opportunity employer. We are an anti-racist organization- absolutely and unequivocally committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in all aspects of our work. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law.