New Tech Network (NTN), a national non-profit organization, is a leading design partner for comprehensive school change. We work closely with districts and schools to create innovative learning environments. Through a proven school model, a project-based learning platform, and powerful professional development, we coach schools toward lasting change and ongoing improvement. New Tech Network aims to create an organization that reflects the communities we serve and a culture where everyone feels valued, heard, and included. NTN commits to intentionally work to disrupt inequities, both internally and across the network (NTN’s Equity Beliefs and Commitments).
The Leadership Team and People Coordinator will provide comprehensive administrative support to members of New Tech Network’s executive leadership team including the president and CEO, and support our People, Culture, and Equity (PCE) team. In the performance of these duties, this position will work with all levels of NTN staff and a wide variety of external stakeholders.
LOCATION: Remote with availability during Pacific Time work hours, with up to 20% travel
REPORTS TO: Chief Executive Officer
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Executive Calendar Management & Travel Coordination
- Strategic calendar management for the leadership team; ability to anticipate, understand priorities, reconcile conflicts easily and prioritize days accordingly
- Proactively coordinate and engage with members of the leadership team and other NTN staff who provide project coordination or administration support
- Plan and coordinate travel, travel itineraries, logistics, including last-minute change management
- Manage filing, archiving, expense reports and reimbursements
- Support all cross organization internal meetings (i.e., All Hands meetings):
- Assist in the preparation of agendas
- Compile briefing documents
- Provide editorial support for meeting materials through effective proofreading and editing
- Prepare required Google Slides/PowerPoint presentations
- Provide technical support as needed
- Facilitate any special research as needed
- Store, organize and ship meeting materials to participants, as needed
- Prioritize conflicting needs, handle matters proactively and expeditiously, effectively manage deadlines and follow through on action items.
People, Culture, and Equity Support
- Support the recruiting, hiring, and onboarding process including (but not limited to):
- Editing and formatting job descriptions
- Posting roles to our internal and external career sites
- Organizing communication, notes, and candidate materials
- Scheduling interviews and coordinating panel/group interviews
- Assisting the reference check process, along with background checks
- Collecting completed documentation
- Coordinating with internal teams on hiring and onboarding communications
- Support PCE projects that celebrate and connect staff
- Participate in other tasks as needed that may arise
Administrative Board Liaison
- Serve as the administrative liaison with NTN Board of Directors, including monitoring monthly board reporting schedule and assist in the preparation and distribute reports,
- Schedule of all Board meetings (including subcommittee meetings) and associated logistics
- Ensure advance distribution of materials and proactive management of Board of Directors engagement with CEO’s office
- Ability to work with little direction and independently when necessary
- Expert on Microsoft Office Suite with balanced skills across Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) as well as Mac, iPhone and iPad competent
- Experience with Google Suite (i.e., google drive, slides, documents, etc.)
- Experience exercising discretion and confidentiality with sensitive corporate and personal information
- Must have strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Clear and concise oral and written communication skills, at the right level for the appropriate stakeholder
- Must have the ability to be flexible and adaptable; ability to successfully work in a fast-paced changing environment
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to think proactively and prioritize work
- Demonstrated professionalism in working with internal and external stakeholders, especially at the executive level
- Ability to successfully work remotely
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ equivalent years in an executive support role, ideally in the non-profit or education sector
- Technical experience in recruiting software (such as Greenhouse), Slack, and Zoom
This position has access to sensitive and confidential information, and is trusted to maintain this information, files and documents properly. These documents include, but are not limited to, financial information, grant information, client proprietary information and other business related material. Failure to safeguard this information could result in loss of trust and reputation internally and externally.
Low physical effort required to sit, stand at files, bend, stoop, lift, and walk. Maximum unassisted lift = 35lbs. Requires ability to use a keyboard, monitor and calculator. Also requires the ability to communicate verbally, both in person and on the telephone.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A competitive compensation package.
- A highly collaborative, creative yet autonomous work environment.
- Comprehensive benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision Care Coverage, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account, Short and Long Term Disability, Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D), Employee Assistance Program, Supplemental Accident & Critical Illness plans and 401(k) Retirement Plan.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO) STATEMENT
New Tech Network is an equal opportunity employer. We are an anti-racist organization- absolutely and unequivocally committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in all aspects of our work. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law.