New Tech Network (NTN), a national non-profit organization, is a leading design partner for comprehensive school change. We work closely with districts and schools to create innovative learning environments. Through a proven school model, a project-based learning platform, and powerful professional development, we coach schools toward lasting change and ongoing improvement. New Tech Network aims to create an organization that reflects the communities we serve and a culture where everyone feels valued, heard, and included. NTN commits to intentionally work to disrupt inequities, both internally and across the network (NTN’s Equity Beliefs and Commitments). We strive to build and sustain a diverse, multicultural, equitable community internally and with our external partners
As a member of the School and Leadership Support (SLS) Department, the School Development Coach delivers coaching, training, and consulting services that yield improved student learning outcomes and equitable student experiences while supporting the sustainability of the New Tech model at school sites across the nation. This particular School Development Coaching position is embedded within the Sustainability Services Team to provide impactful support to schools focused on further developing and sustaining NTN’s school model. Schools supported by the Sustainability Services Team have partnered with New Tech Network for 3 to 15+ years and have a wide range of developmental needs. This position requires a deep understanding of equitable Deeper Learning practices associated with inclusive, authentic project-based learning. This position also requires skills with coaching leaders through change management and meaningful adult learning practices that sustain equitable Deeper Learning over time in a broad range of school settings.
LOCATION: Remote, with up to 50% travel (Travel paused until July 1 due to COVID-19)
REPORTS TO: Senior Director of Sustainability Services
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide coaching, training, and consulting services, both virtually and in-person, to New Tech school leaders, district leaders, and teachers to foster implementation of the New Tech model in ways that minimize instructional and cultural opportunity gaps, including implementation of:
- Learner-centered instruction that builds the New Tech Learning Outcomes
- Standards-based, authentic project-based learning units using NTN’s tools and resources
- NTN’s Learning Management System (Echo)
- Cultural practices to support all learners (students and adults)
- Leadership, adult learning, and change management practices in support of the sustainability of the New Tech model
- Speak with accuracy, authority, and confidence in real time school leaders, district leaders, and teachers
- Serve as an NTN advocate and ambassador, developing and managing positive, consultative relationships with schools and districts in our network
- Assist school leaders with developing collaborative professional environment that uses protocols, reflective practices, and critical analysis of school development benchmarks to ensure equitable outcomes for all students
- Work collaboratively with other members of the NTN staff in face-to-face, virtual, and remote environments to ensure that the needs of clients are met
- Actively contribute to the NTN online professional environment by developing and reviewing resources and curating best practices from school sites
- Track and provide regular written documentation of services delivered, actively support data collection on school progress, and use of time and expenses
- Assist in the planning, development, and implementation of national training events
- Engage collaboratively in other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in or supporting schools, teachers, and school leaders
- Strong interest in accelerating transformation in public schools, disrupting educational inequities, and supporting educators in creating deep, meaningful, and affirming learning environments for all students
- Ability to build strong, trusting relationships with school leaders quickly in service of identifying problems, gathering resources, and developing solutions
- Highly skilled at designing adult learning experiences (e.g., coaching sessions, small group meetings, large group training, workshops, and webinars); confident and skilled public speaker and facilitator in person and virtually
- Highly skilled in inquiry-based instructional practices with strong consulting and coaching capabilities in this area
- An ability to work both independently and as an effective member of teams
- A dedication to learn, grow, and develop as a professional
- Openness to engage in dialogue about racial identity to foster awareness, empathy, and deeper connections with colleagues and clients
- Strong commitment to professional and ethical conduct
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time (Travel paused until July 1 due to COVID-19)
- Experience infusing technology into the classroom as a learning tool
- Experience working with Deeper Learning and Project-Based Learning strongly preferred
- Experience working as an instructional or leadership coach, trainer, or administrator
- Experience designing and implementing structures/practices that foster inclusive and emotionally supportive school culture
- Comfort and familiarity working in a virtual work environment
This position has access to sensitive and confidential information, and is trusted to maintain this information, files and documents properly. These documents include, but are not limited to, financial information, grant information, client proprietary information and other business related material. Failure to safeguard this information could result in loss of trust and reputation internally and externally.
Low physical effort required to sit, stand at files, bend, stoop, lift, and walk. Maximum unassisted lift = 35lbs. Requires ability to use a keyboard, monitor, and calculator. Also requires the ability to communicate verbally, both in person and on the telephone.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A competitive total rewards package.
- A highly collaborative and creative, yet autonomous work environment.
- Comprehensive benefits, including Medical, Dental, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account, Short and Long Term Disability, Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D), Employee Assistance Program, Supplemental Life Insurance, Supplemental Accident & Critical Illness plans and 401(k) Retirement Plan.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO) STATEMENT:
New Tech Network is an equal opportunity employer. We are an anti-racist organization- absolutely and unequivocally committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in all aspects of our work. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law.