New Tech Network (NTN), a national non-profit organization, is a leading design partner for comprehensive school change. We work closely with districts and schools to create innovative learning environments. Through a proven school model, a project-based learning platform, and powerful professional development, we coach schools toward lasting change and ongoing improvement. New Tech Network aims to create an organization that reflects the communities we serve and a culture where everyone feels valued, heard, and included. NTN commits to intentionally work to disrupt inequities, both internally and across the network (NTN’s Equity Beliefs and Commitments). We strive to build and sustain a diverse, multicultural, equitable community internally and with our external partners
Under the supervision of the Senior Director of College Access, the NTN Continuous Improvement & College Access Coach is responsible for supporting the design and implementation of a college access improvement community that yields improved student outcomes in postsecondary enrollment for students of color and low-income students.
LOCATION: Remote, with up to 50% travel (Travel currently paused due to COVID-19)
REPORTS TO: Senior Director of College Access
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support school leaders, school college advisors, school counselors, and other school staff (virtually and in-person) to regularly engage in continuous improvement efforts around college access.
- Assist school teams in developing a collaborative professional environment that uses data-driven decision making protocols, reflective practices, and critical analysis of progress to ensure continued improvement.
- Speak with accuracy, authority and confidence about college access and continuous improvement, and effectively develop and conduct trainings, workshops, convenings, and presentations that meet the NTN standards of professional development.
- Plan and facilitate site visits, convenings, workshops, and other professional development (virtual and in-person) on college access and continuous improvement.
- Actively contribute to the NTN online professional environment by developing resources, reviewing submitted resources, and identifying and collecting best practices from throughout the improvement community. Contribute to the creation and curation of content to support college access work in schools.
- Support school teams in the use of student data tracking (Naviance).
- Support the collection, analysis, and reporting of data on key college access measures across all participating schools.
- Work collaboratively with members of the project team and other NTN staff in face-to-face, virtual, and online environments.
- Provide regular written reports on the progress of participating schools, including identification of needs and recommendations.
- Maintain accurate time, expense, and activity records.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Expertise in designing, planning, and facilitating engaging, learner-centered professional development experiences for school leaders and staff
- Experience in coaching data-driven continuous improvement
- Knowledge and experience leading adults in learning
- Strong coaching capabilities
- Ability to clearly articulate a vision, influence key stakeholders over whom you have no direct authority, and delicately balance oversight with support
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- An ability to build and maintain strong professional relationships
- An ability to work independently and as an effective member of teams
- A dedication to learn, grow, and develop as a professional
- Model New Tech Network’s values of trust, respect, and responsibility at all times
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time (Travel currently paused due to COVID-19)
- English/Spanish bilingual skills preferred
- Prior experience in college access counseling
- Prior experience in supporting students through matriculation, enrollment, persistence, and attainment
- Prior experience working with low-income students and/or students of color and their families with demonstrable college access results
- Experience with data tracking systems such as Naviance or Salesforce
- Comfort and familiarity working in a virtual work environment
Contact with Others
Must be able to collaborate effectively with others on a regular basis. Those people include, but are not limited to, employees of all levels within the organization, community, district leaders and teachers, and members of other organizations, customers, vendors and visitors.
This position has access to sensitive and confidential information, and is trusted to maintain this information, files and documents properly. These documents include, but are not limited to, financial information, grant information, client proprietary information and other business related material. Failure to safeguard this information could result in loss of trust and reputation internally and externally.
Low physical effort required to sit, stand at files, bend, stoop, lift, and walk. Maximum unassisted lift = 35lbs. Requires ability to use a keyboard, monitor and calculator. Also requires the ability to communicate verbally, both in person and on the telephone.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A competitive compensation package.
- A highly collaborative, creative yet autonomous work environment.
- Comprehensive benefits, including Medical, Dental, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account, Short and Long Term Disability, Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D), Employee Assistance Program, Supplemental Accident & Critical Illness plans and 401(k) Retirement Plan.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO) STATEMENT
New Tech Network is an equal opportunity employer. We are an anti-racist organization- absolutely and unequivocally committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in all aspects of our work. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law.