New Tech Network (NTN), a national non-profit organization, is a leading design partner for comprehensive school change. We work closely with districts and schools to create innovative learning environments. Through a proven school model, a project-based learning platform, and powerful professional development, we coach schools toward lasting change and ongoing improvement. New Tech Network aims to create an organization that reflects the communities we serve and a culture where everyone feels valued, heard, and included. NTN commits to intentionally work to disrupt inequities, both internally and across the network (NTN’s Equity Beliefs and Commitments).
The Platform Coach is a member of the Platform team and specializes in supporting the effective use of Echo and other learning management systems to implement innovative and deeper learning practices including project based learning and the assessment of critical skills. The Platform Coach works with NTN staff and school teachers and leaders to identify, document, and share best practices for both Echo and external platforms including Canvas and Schoology. They may be called upon to produce training materials, virtual courses, and in-person training events.
New Tech Network is a remote organization with more than 50 employees that work from their homes. The Platform Coach must be motivated, self-directed, technically savvy, customer service oriented, and function well in fast-paced, collaborative teams. The position requires some travel, including overnight and out of state. The position reports to the Senior Director of Platform Development.
REPORTS TO: Director of Platform Development
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under general supervision, develop, distribute and promote best practices for leveraging learning management systems in service of promoting high quality instruction and assessment in the schools we support.
ECHO PLATFORM (50%)
- Respond to Echo Help Desk tickets, focused on Eastern Time zone tickets, to ensure prompt NTN response time
- Develop and maintain Echo training content and documentation
- Support NTN coaching team in various way to ensure best Echo practices are being implemented
- Support NTN growth team in providing live demonstrations and answering technical questions for prospective districts.
- Promote effective Echo usage through newsletter, facebook and our Slack Community
- Work with marketing team to promote NTN events/announcement in Echo banners
EXTERNAL PLATFORMS (50%)
- Identify and document a set of best practices for implementing NTN school model and PBL using platforms other than Echo (Canvas, Schoology, Google Classroom, etc)
- Explore Multi Outcome Scoring grading strategies using Traditional or Standards Based Gradebooks, or other assessment strategies
- Identify potential areas where these platforms could impact NTN school model implementation
- Work with NTN coaching team to support a cohort of new schools to implement NTN school model and principles using alternative LMS platforms
- Inform our long term strategy for supporting a multi-platform context
- Experience in K-12 education environments, especially innovative schools models
- Minimum 3+ years experience designing instructional materials and supporting technology usage
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Tech savvy with experience leveraging digital tools in the classroom to enhance learning
- Experience with leading virtual and face-to-face training
- Understanding and successful implementation of adult learning principles and best practices
- Experience with Learning Management Systems, in particular Canvas and/or Schoology
- Strong time management, decision-making, and problem-solving skills
- Experience creating software tutorials, screencasts and related tools prefered
- Experience creating self-paced and facilitated software training prefered
- Bachelor degree
- Ability to work with little direction and independently when necessary
- Must have strong critical thinking skills
- Must have the ability to be flexible and adaptable; ability to successfully work in a fast-paced changing environment
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to think proactively and prioritize work
- Demonstrated professionalism in working with internal and external stakeholders, especially at the executive level
- Ability to successfully work remotely
- Years of Experience: 5+ equivalent years in an executive support role, ideally in the non-profit or education sector.
- Education: High school diploma or G.E.D. required, Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
This position has access to sensitive and confidential information, and is trusted to maintain this information, files and documents properly. These documents include, but are not limited to, financial information, grant information, client proprietary information and other business related material. Failure to safeguard this information could result in loss of trust and reputation internally and externally.
Low physical effort required to sit, stand at files, bend, stoop, lift, and walk. Maximum unassisted lift = 35lbs. Requires ability to use a keyboard, monitor and calculator. Also requires the ability to communicate verbally, both in person and on the telephone.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A competitive compensation package.
- A highly collaborative, creative yet autonomous work environment.
- Comprehensive benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision Care Coverage, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account, Short and Long Term Disability, Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D), Employee Assistance Program, Supplemental Accident & Critical Illness plans and 401(k) Retirement Plan.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO) STATEMENT
New Tech Network is an equal opportunity employer. We are an anti-racist organization- absolutely and unequivocally committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in all aspects of our work. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law.