Director of District and School Development
New Tech Network (NTN), a national non-profit organization, is a leading design partner for comprehensive school change. We work closely with districts and schools to create innovative learning environments. Through a proven school model, a project-based learning platform, and powerful professional development, we coach schools toward lasting change and ongoing improvement. New Tech Network aims to create an organization that reflects the communities we serve and a culture where everyone feels valued, heard, and included. NTN commits to intentionally work to disrupt inequities, both internally and across the network (NTN’s Equity Beliefs and Commitments).
As a member of the District and School Development (DSD) team, the Director of District and School Development (Director) engages prospective new schools and districts in Texas in the process of exploration, planning, and implementing the New Tech Network model. As a Texas-based member of the DSD team, the Director will lead a variety of events throughout the state, including school tours, conference presentations, district visits with potential NTN partners, and other engagements that support the spread and impact of the New Tech Network in Texas. In addition to these primary responsibilities, this team member will bring specific expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- School/District Innovation: Prior work experience in innovative approaches including but not limited to: project-based learning, blended learning, personalized learning, competency based learning, assessment, etc.
- District/Central Office: Prior work experience within districts, with knowledge of district systems, school/ leadership coaching, funding, and district strategies.
- State/Federal Policy or Foundation: Prior work experience within state or federal policy support organizations or education foundations in which either policy or program development efforts supporting education innovation were the primary focus.
- Business Development: Prior work experience developing new products and services, developing and executing contracts, and cultivating new business opportunities.
Experience leading a school and/or working within a public school district is required. We strive to build and sustain a diverse team and strongly encourage applications from candidates of color and from any minoritized or marginalized groups.
LOCATION: State of Texas, with ability to travel up to 50%
REPORTS TO: Senior Director, District and School Development
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Texas School Growth
- Supports NTN’s growth as a member of the District and School Development Team.
- Develop relationships with district, school, and community leaders who are interested in re-imagining teaching and learning.
- Manage relationships with and services to existing district, school, and community members partnering with New Tech Network to re-imagine teaching and learning.
- Speak with accuracy, authority, and confidence about the key aspects of the New Tech Network Design and effectively conduct trainings, workshops, and presentations related to student assessment practices that meet NTN standards of professional development.
- Coordinate and lead tours to regional school sites, especially high-profile Executive Tours with diverse groups.
Texas NTN Advocacy
- Present at regional and national conferences, including radio and television appearances.
- Educate policymakers on the benefits of the NTN school model and project-based learning.
- Understand funding streams for implementing NTN in local school districts.
- Collaborate with lobbyists, public relations, and government affairs teams to build awareness of NTN's school model.
- Maintain accurate time, expense, and activity records.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must live and be based in Texas.
- Capability to personally build, develop, and retain strong relationships with funders, community, and district leaders, and state and national departments of education.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in education, non-profit operations, or city/state education agencies required.
- Strong management skills, with the ability to motivate, excite, and educate key stakeholders.
- Ability to self-direct and prioritize among competing goals and to initiate process improvements.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others and build relationships across teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including strong public speaking skills.
- Deep knowledge of the public education reform landscape is strongly desired.
- Experience in remote and virtual learning and work environments.
- Successful organization and implementation of staff development activities.
- Administrative Services Credential, or Master’s Degree, preferably in Education.
- Able to work and lead in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and develop strong relationships with various constituencies within and outside of the New Tech Network.
- Model New Tech Network’s values of trust, respect, and responsibility at all times.
- Willingness to have fun! We take our work seriously and care deeply about our relationships. We like to laugh and treasure opportunities to see each other in person.
- Ability to travel (up to 50%).
This position has access to sensitive and confidential information, and is trusted to maintain this information, files and documents properly. These documents include, but are not limited to, financial information, grant information, client proprietary information and other business related material. Failure to safeguard this information could result in loss of trust and reputation internally and externally.
Low physical effort required to sit, stand at files, bend, stoop, lift, and walk. Maximum unassisted lift = 35lbs. Requires ability to use a keyboard, monitor and calculator. Also requires the ability to communicate verbally, both in person and on the telephone.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A competitive compensation package.
- A highly collaborative, creative yet autonomous work environment.
- Comprehensive benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision Care Coverage, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account, Short and Long Term Disability, Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D), Employee Assistance Program, Supplemental Accident & Critical Illness plans and 401(k) Retirement Plan.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO) STATEMENT
New Tech Network is an equal opportunity employer. We are an anti-racist organization- absolutely and unequivocally committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in all aspects of our work. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law.