NewStore transforms brick and mortar shopping into app-powered, digitally connected retail experiences. Purpose built for the most demanding consumers, NewStore is the first to provide Omnichannel-as-a Service, integrating a cloud-based order management system and Mobile POS. With intuitive apps on the front-end for store employees and pre-built e-commerce connectors, retailers can easily offer Endless Aisle, Mobile Checkout, Omni Fulfillment, and Clienteling. NewStore was founded by Stephan Schambach, who revolutionized e-commerce by putting it in the cloud with Demandware (now Salesforce Commerce Cloud). The company is located in Boston, New York, and Berlin. Learn more at www.newstore.com.
About the Job
Collaborating closely with other Scrum Masters you will help to create and maintain a NewStore center of Scrum/Agile excellence, and values to better help the development teams self organize and leverage team autonomy.
You will be responsible for assessing the Scrum maturity of the team and the organization to bring the teams to higher levels of excellence, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable. Using a servant leadership style, you will build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised openly. In this environment, you will be elemental in removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by radiating information or finding the right person to remove the impediment.
NewStore teams collaborate and facilitate the working process without coercion, assigning, or dictating. We believe in open discussions, decision making and conflict resolution. You will partner closely with the Engineering Manager and the Product Owner in order to empower the team and enable accountability for product backlog items.
The Engineering team at NewStore is distributed in 4 different locations. In your role as Scrum Master, you should be able to travel between the German locations in Berlin, Hannover and Erfurt to interact with all team members face to face.
- First level Scrum Master or Product Owner certification
- Experience working in a Scrum Master role for at least three years in a software development team
- Good working knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continuous improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Knowledge of numerous well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps in the Scrum approach (Example: retrospective formats, facilitation methods, powerful questions, etc.)
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills
Other skills and experience we value:
- Second level Scrum Master certification (CSP, PSM II)
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies and practices used by the team (Microservices, mobile development, CI/CD, and others)
- Previous experience as a software developer or team lead
- Experience in ecommerce
- Experience in working with distributed teams / in a remote culture
Questions? Email us: