Are you a creative, encouraged professional who knows how to get the job done right – the first time, on time, every time? Do you enjoy working in a self-organized team-oriented environment that challenges your skills and rewards your performance? Welcome to NewStore!
The NewStore mobile retail platform empowers brands to deliver an extraordinary end-to-end shopping experience for consumers. Built entirely from a mobile perspective, it integrates with existing ecommerce platforms such as Demandware and Shopify. NewStore raises the omnichannel bar with one-touch purchase, scalable clienteling, and on-demand delivery — all optimized for the small screen. Founded by Stephan Schambach, creator of Demandware, NewStore boosts conversion, promotes engagement, unifies online and offline, and modernizes fulfillment. NewStore is headquartered in Boston with engineering locations in Berlin, Hannover and Erfurt. For more information, visit www.newstore.com.
About the Job
Our Engineering team values a strong mindset and an equal participation. Using Agile methodologies and Continuous Deployment best practices we strive for an exceptional degree of Test Automation. We automate many aspects of QA, including Acceptance tests, Regression tests, Performance and Load tests.
As an integral part of an agile team, you will be working closely with Product Owners, Engineering and DevOps teams to contribute various levels of automation code to the sprint and to ensure timely feature delivery and outstanding software quality.
You have a knack for anticipating and preventing problems as well as teasing out bugs. Feature definitions will be augmented by your input to the acceptance criteria in collaboration with our Product Owners. As a quality engineer, your qualifications go beyond technical excellence and include strong cross-functional communication skills.
You excel at:
- Working as a QA Engineer for 3+ years
- Assuring Software Quality end-to-end as part of an Agile SDLC
- Software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Test-driven, behavior-driven, and acceptance test-driven development
- Programming in Java
- Web and Mobile test automation ideally with Selenium and/or Appium in Java
- Creating RESTful API tests
- Unix Shell programming
- Using project management, build and integration tools such as JIRA, Git, and Travis/CircleCI/Bitrise/Jenkins
- Excellent skills in writing and communication in English
Questions? Email us: