The NewStore mobile retail platform empowers brands to deliver an extraordinary end-to-end shopping experience for consumers. Built entirely from a mobile perspective, it integrates with existing ecommerce platforms such as Demandware, SAP Hybris, Oracle ATG, and Magento. NewStore raises the omnichannel bar with one-touch purchase, scalable clienteling, and on-demand delivery — all optimized for the small screen. Founded by Stephan Schambach, creator of Demandware, NewStore boosts conversion, promotes engagement, unifies online and offline, and modernizes fulfillment. NewStore is headquartered in Boston. For more information, visit www.newstore.com.
About the Job
As we grow, we are looking for enthusiastic and experienced Senior Front-End Engineer to help us architect, build and scale a new generation of products for mobile commerce. Working with the latest technology stack, you will team up with a talented pool of Engineers, Architects and UX experts. You will provide leadership across Front-End Engineering and help guide the overall Engineering vision for the web-based UI of our SaaS platform. You will lead and participate in architecture discussions with the platform team to help define the core platform APIs to support the Front-End. You will be committed to writing test-backed, high-quality, well-organized and reusable code.
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity for someone with real passion for Front-End Development to share their expertise and advise others in development of features across the project.
- Mastery of at least one current framework such as AngularJS, Ember, React, Meteor or Backbone
- Mastery of HTML5 and CSS technologies, including third-party tools and libraries like Sass, Less, Foundation, or Bootstrap
- Expert level knowledge in at least one framework such as CasperJS, PhantomJS, Mocha, Jasmine, JEST, QUnit or Protractor
- Experience building large-scale single-page applications
- Experience building web applications with REST APIs
- A desire to produce elegant, yet readable code
- Understanding of Service-Oriented approach, Domain-Driven Design, S.O.L.I.D. principles
- Experience with version control systems, especially Git
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Established interpersonal and organizational skills
- Familiarity with software design patterns
- Experience in other scripting and programming languages
- Experience in Agile methodologies, especially Scrum
- An eye for web design and aesthetics